question about fitting shotgun to shooter....

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

question about fitting shotgun to shooter....

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:28 am

if this is something that's been covered before, feel free to link me to other sites/threads, but I wasn't even sure what to search...

I have a stoeger 3500. I love the gun, it functions great, I shoot well with it and it was a bargain. my only complaint is that it's almost too long from the handgrip part of the stock to the trigger. I kinda have short, stubby fingers but I've never had this problem with other guns. I can live with it if I have to, at least until I upgrade later down the road if necessary, but is there any way to modify it to fit better? can a gunsmith trim the stock where it meets the receiver to lessen the distance to the trigger? I don't think it's really a Length of Pull issue is it? when shouldered, the gun fits fine, it's just the link from the "handle" part of the stock to the trigger that's the issue....
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Re: question about fitting shotgun to shooter....

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Any trimming done in the wrist area will weaken the butt stock. My suggestion is try to find a youth or ladies stock, generally they are trimmer in the wrist and shorter in LOP. It is possible a Franchi my work, the way to find out is do some measuring and report back here, surely we can come up with something.

Length of action tube to the washer, washer dimensions and width and height of the face where it mates with the receiver for starters.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum