It all about the recoil!

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

It all about the recoil!

Postby JamesL » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:12 pm

Ok guy's it is hard to face but, I can no longer take much recoil. So with that said it seems that since I hunt both upland, with 28 gauge Red Label, and plan on getting back into hunting ducks and geese, the Rem. 1100 in either 12g. or 16g looks like a real nice choice for me. Price is of course an issue as well as reliability and no I will not field strip it and clean every time. Perhaps being able to use one gun for all hunting would be great, but really do like the 28g. I have never had an auto-loader before and do welcome your advise. Just a note about my hunting style, I am willing to wait for a close shot, though sometimes by Brittany makes that a little hard! Again, thanks and Merry Christmas to all.
JamesL
JamesL
Newb

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:34 pm

Remington's are great guns. I would have to say go with the 12. I would shoot the 16 but it is really hard to find steel shot for one. I have only seen it once. Good luck with your decision. Either guage is great.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby tstrong » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:10 pm

As far as the make of the gun, try a few and pick one that fits you. As far as purchasing one give Wallmart a try. I live in Calif and they do are not licensed to sell firearms here. They beat everybody's price by at least $150.00. Again I'm in Calif so the pricing may be different than your area. Good Luck!
tstrong
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum