Dang I can't stop. Weatherby sa-08

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Dang I can't stop. Weatherby sa-08

Postby hamernhonkers » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Well in 5 weeks I have added three new guns to the collection. This time its a Weatherby sa-08 20ga. Put 75 rounds through it tonight. Looks like a little breaking in is in order. Cycled good for the most part but had about 6 or 8 hang ups with light loads. The gun is very sleek and fits the wife great. Looks like it will be her duck gun and her a400 will be her target and upland gun.

Next stop patterning board and heavy duck loads to break it in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Re: Dang I can't stop. Weatherby sa-08

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Bought one for my 9 year old daughter. Its eat everything we've fed it so far. Even came with adult and youth stocks for it
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 am

I bought one for the daughter while waiting to find a Beretta 390 20ga. I cleaned it, ran a couple of boxes of heavy 3" duck loads thru it and it hasn't missed a beat since. The niece now has it and they haven't reported any issues with it.

Once it does break in, it will run just fine. Keep at it.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby cootlover » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Hammer you should have got a tri star viper there the same gun but a lot cheaper I got one for my little girl.
cootlover
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 pm

cootlover wrote:Hammer you should have got a tri star viper there the same gun but a lot cheaper I got one for my little girl.

Ah hell at the price I paid its still like a throw away gun but I am hearing good things so who knows.

Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:I bought one for the daughter while waiting to find a Beretta 390 20ga. I cleaned it, ran a couple of boxes of heavy 3" duck loads thru it and it hasn't missed a beat since. The niece now has it and they haven't reported any issues with it.

Once it does break in, it will run just fine. Keep at it.

Sent from my Tesla coil

Cowboy is that with the heavy piston or the light one in it?

Hello

David wrote:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 am

I broke it in with the heavy piston, I did have a few failure to ejects with first few loadings, but by the time the first box was done, I was having none. When the second box was done, I swapped pistons and shot a full box of the 980fps ow recoil Winchesters thru it and only had one hiccup, a stovepipe. After that it hasn't missed a beat since.
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:I broke it in with the heavy piston, I did have a few failure to ejects with first few loadings, but by the time the first box was done, I was having none. When the second box was done, I swapped pistons and shot a full box of the 980fps ow recoil Winchesters thru it and only had one hiccup, a stovepipe. After that it hasn't missed a beat since.

Good to know. Thank you!

Hello

David wrote:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum