My Browning A5 review

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

My Browning A5 review

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:07 am

Ok guys here is a little review from me on my A5. I am not a professional, just a guy that shoots a lot and kills ducks.

Bought 3 months ago
Gun: Browning A5 3" 28" barrel blades camo

Ok I was hesitant at first to buy this gun because just like everything else that comes out new there will be some problems. Mostly was hearing it would not cycle lighter loads particularly 1oz. I have put it to the test, the ultimate test will be duck season. I have shot over 1000 rounds through my a5 so far. Not one hiccup as far as cycling goes, most has been 1oz 2 3/4 shells for skeet, and dove. I have never shot an A5 before so it was a little different. First 100 round course I shot with it I shot terrible, first time to shoot it I shot a 56 on a 100 round course. Thought about getting rid of it because I have never shot that bad, started shooting more and getting more comfortable with it. Next 100 round course I shot 81 out of 100 on a legit course. By passing the other 4 guys there. Started getting comfortable with it and feeling how it shoots. I am coming from an 870 express from the past 7 years just for perspective. This past weekend went teal hunting with 3" high brass, only shells our local stores had. Worked flawless and dropped them like it supposed to do.

I have shot other guns next to it browning maxus, and extrema 2. Only thing these guns have on the A5 is that they are gas of course, I am an inertia gun guy, I torcher my guns and make them work having seen the extrema 2 jam multiple times while hunting in some hard conditions and if not cleaned on the regular. Not saying mine wont. So I felt that inertia is what suits me best. It is to me one of the softest shooting inertia guns, having shot multiple inertia gun. It is awesome feeling, being slim and lightweight. I am stoked about my purchase and will have this gun for a long time.

Thanks and any questions be glad to talk about. Not bashing any guns, just stating my opinion and what I have seen thanks.
txhunter90
hunter

Re: My Browning A5 review

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:13 am

It's amazing how light they are. Never had a cycling issue with mine either. The way they are set up in regards to aiming is a little different but once you get it down they are awesome shooters.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Re: My Browning A5 review

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 am

Yes sir duck hammer. You're one of the couple of guys that steered me in the right directions when I asled you about it. Thanks
txhunter90
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum