FINALLY DECIDED!! (SBE2 owners/shooters click HERE)

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

FINALLY DECIDED!! (SBE2 owners/shooters click HERE)

Postby GooseHunter797 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Ok I FINALY decided on the black synthetic sbe2... Did anyone ever have a problem with this shotgun? I shoot all ranges of shells(rarely hear it can't cycle some).. What do u guys think of this gun? :help:

:bow: :thumbsup: :beer:

THANK YOU PLEASE COMMENT... TELL ME WHAT U THINK!
GooseHunter797
hunter

Re: FINALLY DECIDED!! (SBE2 owners/shooters click HERE)

Postby GooseHunter797 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Sorry forgot to mention how is the recoil... I know it has the comfort tech stock...

Once again thanks!
GooseHunter797
hunter

Postby btw574 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:30 pm

When I had mine the only problem I had was that it would not cycle some 2 3/4" trap loads. It always seemed to be the brand the course carried if I ran out and decided to shoot a few more. It does have a bit of a kick with 3 1/2" shells. I sold it and bought the A400 and have not had any problems with it no cycling
btw574
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Mine kicks a bit more than my maxus did but not to much more. It's a different feeling kick. Hard to explain. I've been very pleased with the gun so far. Only thing I've really noticed is that I can hear the action cycle when I'm shooting. Never noticed that on any of my other guns.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Sold my SBEII. Saved my finger.
Bought A400. Love the A400.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby Cobra7 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:08 pm

I'd buy a Beretta way before I bought another Benelli. Mine would stove pipe if I had my heavy Parker on and a lot of people can't get them to shoot where they are looking. If you want a modern semi go with Beretta or Winchester.
Cobra7
hunter

Postby chrisss » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:00 am

I have a A400 in the optifade color and wouldn't trade it for anything else as of now
chrisss
hunter

Postby Cobra7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:18 am

I have a Beretta Urika that my son shoots when he visits and we both love it. Didn't think I would like it sense it doesn't have a humpback but it shoots right where we are looking. If you have the money to spend on a SBE 2 the Beretta is in your budget. If you want to save $700-800 buy a Winchester SX3.
Cobra7
hunter

Postby GooseHunter797 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:49 am

Ok thankx guys! I've been hearing sbe2 and a400... I'm going to gander this weekend and gonna see witch one fits me best.... After I will post and tell u witch one I like better and why.... And final thoughts on this topic?

Once again thank y'all for helping me narrow down my gun serch!
GooseHunter797
hunter

Postby Cobra7 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:28 am

To me the SBE 2 feels the best when I throw it up. I like the narrow forend and the weight of the gun. The disappointment comes when you pattern it. By that time you have already wasted your money. Keep that in mind. I have bought two SBE 2's a couple years apart and I had the same problem with both of them. The thing is you NEVER hear anything bad about the Beretta. The only thing that takes some getting use to is the safety in FRONT of the trigger.
Cobra7
hunter

Postby mauserfan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:33 am

My son, 14 years old, shoots a wood stocked a400 and shoots it well. Both guns are easy to adjust and breakdown. The SBE is easier to carry afield as the receiver is shallower. The a400 is softer but, unless you are a diehard clays shooter, you will never shoot enough to make the 12 ga recoil an issue. I think too many people make recoil as much of an issue as a few ounces of weight. If the gun fits, recoil is not an issue ever. Also, don't waste your money on the 3-1/2" stuff as this is just a US marketing ploy. Most all gun problems that folks spew about are self induced so, take care of either and your grandkids will shoot them. Keep your powder dry. mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum