Franchi and hypersonics

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Franchi and hypersonics

Postby Mr.Blonde » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:37 pm

I have a box of hypersonics BB's and have been hearing of some damage to certain size barrels. Has anybody heard anything with Franchi affinity 12 gauge and Hypersonics? I believe it has smaller barrels compared to American shotguns? Is it safe to shoot them with the Franchi? I don't want to ruin it before the season gets going!

Thanks in advance!
“Heaven to me is endless cypress swamps and hardwood forests loaded with game and ducks and not a game warden around!” -Phil Robertson
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Re: Franchi and hypersonics

Postby Mr.Blonde » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Forgot to mention using factory chokes.
“Heaven to me is endless cypress swamps and hardwood forests loaded with game and ducks and not a game warden around!” -Phil Robertson
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:54 pm

The barrel damage won't be a concern once you light that first fuse, trying to remember your name and finding your shoulder will take over.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:47 pm

those would be hard on ANY auto loader.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby RedneckDuckCommander » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:08 am

i have that exact gun and use those loads and have not had any problems.
RedneckDuckCommander
hunter

Postby Mr.Blonde » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:01 am

RedneckDuckCommander wrote:i have that exact gun and use those loads and have not had any problems.

Thanks Commander! I was hoping someone had used them and survived! :yes:
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:57 am

When the hypersonics came out, the wad design was terrible. It would blow apart inside the barrell and leave a chunk lodged inside. The next shot would build up pressure and buldge the barrell. Happened to my brother's gun and the gun smith said he was the 5th guy that he had dealt with.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:35 am

Do what you will but you would be best to steer clear of them, you will gain nothing but noise, recoil and abuse to your gun, you literally will only gain a few yards over standard loads.

Kurt
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Hat Flats wrote:Do what you will but you would be best to steer clear of them, you will gain nothing but noise, recoil and abuse to your gun, you literally will only gain a few yards over standard loads.

Kurt

This.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:16 pm

I shot a couple or three of the 3 inch rounds in my Beretta A390, essentially manufactured to the same specifications. I wouldn't worry about the barrel being damaged. Even with a severe over pressure incident, the barrel should hold. CIP proof is 130% of the MAP working load. The problem comes in on the receiver. It just isn't built for that much recoil. In fact, if you were to follow the CIP recommendations for shooting steel loads in that gun, those loads are definitely NOT recommended. One or two shots isn't going to make much of a difference. But continuous firing of these loads will cause a problem. When it does, your hands and face have front row seats.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Mr.Blonde » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks guys I ended up buying some Kents and knocked down plenty of geese! I just don't want to take a chance and after reading the comments I think I made the right decision!! :thumbsup:
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Postby mikebenghp » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:56 pm

I would agree that you made the right choice. The benefits of using them are not worth the explicit and potential costs. All I got when I used them was a sore shoulder and birds too shot up to eat. They absolutely destroyed decoying birds, tore the skin clean off and mangled the meat. I'll stick with the winchesters. Cost-benefit is the best since I don't shoot too much and I keep my gun clean.
mikebenghp
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum