Traditions ALS 2100???

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Traditions ALS 2100???

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:27 am

This morning my FFL gave me a ring (he is looking for a Stoeger Condor for me) because he ran across a deal he said I couldn't pass up. I need your input!!!!

Traditions ALS 2100, 3" aouto with 26" barrel, wetlands camo......$275

I know the gun is made in Turkey and they are part of the Rizzini family and those are pretty nice guns including muzzleloaders.

I need more than this though because I have not seen one of these guns. I really hate to buy and then see for myself when I have all of you guys to help me out!! I am sure some one has seen, handled, shot or actually owns one of these guns. It is almost a no-brainer to get one, but I value your input!!!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ksdog » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:06 pm

Paid 299 for mine last year. Very light, kicked like a mule, and literally blew up in my face. Face got singed from the blowback and my ears were RINGING for days. Trigger and bolt assembly were replaced and I sold it. I liked to shoot it, however, I couldn't explain why the thing fired with the action open....bad shell causing jamming or issues with the gun itself. Gun made me uneasy. Absolutely loved it before the mishap.
ksdog
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:16 am

Thanks for the feedback - I was more interested in an OU anyhow (already have a couple of autos) - just thought the deal on the Traditions was way too good - have ordered a Stoeger Supreme - will pick it up Sat - $395 is a very good deal!!!!!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

traditions are awsome

Postby h20fowlhunter » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:44 pm

I have a als 2100 twenty gauge that i bought for 370 and i love it, a perfect gun for every type of game, you should have bought that waterfowler and run heavy shot through it, you woulda killed the geese
h20fowlhunter
hunter

Postby brent4hire » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:58 pm

My cousin had one blow up in his face too...he sent it to the company who claimed it was the shells, and refused to refund him. They rebuilt it...it blew up again after the third round. Infuriated, he sent it back and they sent him a new one...you guessed it...BOOM. He finally gave up and just bought a new gun...they never refunded him.
brent4hire
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:14 am

These guns really blow up on you??? Why don't you just buy a used A5/golden hunter, 1100/11-87 or a used sbe or something? I would take a used highquality reputable gun over a cheaply made new gun anyday.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Traditions

Postby ihuntducks » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:14 am

I also have an ALS 2100 in camo. I have had it for 4 seasons, the first 3 were pretty good. At the end of the 3rd season it broke and I had to send it back for repairs. The first box of shells in the 4th season the shotgun broke apart on me during a shot at a Goldeneye. I was holding the stock in one hand and the rest in the other, I missed the duck but almost got him with the spring that flew into the decoys, THANK God for my Wingmaster and 2 3/4 shells it pulled me thru the season. All I can say is, if you buy one of these guns, ALWAYS take a back up..... Very dissapointed.
ihuntducks
State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:54 am

Just the thought of the gun blowing up would scare me from buying one. I am sad to see this though, I was hoping I could purchase a cheap over and under or side by side. Guess I just have to save for the beretta.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

O/U is a different story

Postby ihuntducks » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:06 pm

I have a 20 ga O/U and I love it. Killed the crap out of doves this year with no problems. Kinda sticky when opening, but I am sure that is because it is new. I love my O/U.... I shoot it more than I shoot my Weatherby Orion and my Citori....
ihuntducks
State Moderator

Postby knapp16 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:22 pm

These guns are junk! After 50 shots with 3" (12 GA) the piston rings blow off every shot. It costed me the biggest turkey of my life this past spring. I sent in back, they said that the rings were cut wrong, so they replaced "the bad" ring and sent it back, after i had to pay shipping, and on the first shot the "good" ring blew off!! I have now sent it back and they had better replace it or some one else will be getting involved. There have been so many problems with these guns that it is unbelievable. My return # was like 7004 on the first return and like # 7400 on the second, 2 weeks later. THat means that there were almost 400 returns in the 2 weeks. The first thing that I am doing when they send me the new gun is selling it, so anyone wanna buy a new unfired camo ALS 2100, 28" barrel?? I thought not. And actually they blew off after 5 shots but it was only once in a while until about the 50th shot, then it was every shot! Not just with the 3" with 2 3/4 high brass too! And this was with remington, winchester, and federal ammo. So it isn't just the ammo. Oh and when the ring pops off it prevents the firing pin from reaching the primer, so you can't shoot. And if the pin did reach the primer, then that would probably result in the gun blowing up like you say, because the chamber is not closed all of the way!
knapp16
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:35 pm

its a pile dont buy it go get a berreta instead
duckbuster
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:56 am

all that noted it was junk....you are correct....I did not get it....went with the Stoieger and have added a 20g Condor Supreme last month for the upcming season.

In additon, my friend went the cheap route last week and got his son a Charles Daly 20g in youth model....another piece of junk! Poor finish quality all around, needs to be broken-in like a 3.5" so it will cycle low brass range loads,......I would not be confident with it in the field......my friend wishes now he went with the 1100 youth....lesson learned!!! At least it is light and 'dimensions' are good for the kid, but instead of getting a real deal, Bill will have to spend for an upgrade soon. At least he'll have a 'trash' gun if he needs one....for me, I would never be confident of it.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Forum