Browning BPS Recoil Pads

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Browning BPS Recoil Pads

Postby Colchis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi all, just bought a 2005 3.5" BPS the other day and I'm looking to replace the stock pad.

On the limbsaver site none of the pads are made for the BPS, but there are for other browning models.

I would just get the grind to fit pad, but I actually sold my belt grinder a couple months ago and would prefer not making a mess of things.

On another note, are there companies besides limbsaver that work just as well for you?
Colchis
hunter

Re: Browning BPS Recoil Pads

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:44 am

Why Browning continues to put solid pads on the BPS is a mystery. I wish I had some good news for you but there just isnt any. I have tried and tried to find a company that has a prefit pad for this gun, both wood and synthetic but there isnt. I ended up going to Bass Pro with my factory pad in hand and tried to match another make of Limbsaver to it. I did find one close but I dont remember which gun it was for. I no longer have the BPS10ga that it was for. It was close but still fit like socks on a rooster at best. It did make a big diff in felt recoil and did the job intended, it just looked like it didnt fit right. You have to take in account for where the holes are drilled when doing this as well. If you want one that fits correctly, a grind to fit is the only solution.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:16 pm

The X-Coil pad is every bit as good as the Limbsaver, but only offers a pre-fit pad for the Gold (just like the Limbsaver).
You might try the Gold pad....it might require drilling some new holes, but that's no big deal.
Other than the option of a slip-on...either brand....that's about all I can tell you.

Either an X-Coil or a Limbsaver will be far better than any other recoil pad you can buy. And I've tried most of them, including the Kick Eez and Pachmayr.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Colchis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Well thanks for the heads up guys, I was thinking about walking in with the pad in hand too, but the holes lining up didn't even occur to me.

I may try a slip on, I'll measure the pad and bring it in and see what matches up best
Colchis
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum