Super Vinci versus SBE II

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Super Vinci versus SBE II

Postby Idaho Mike » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:22 pm

I've been shooting a SBE II for the last 6 years but now have my eye on a new Super Vinci. http://www.benelliusa.com/super-vinci-shotgun

I would like to hear opinions only from guys that either own both guns or have extensive experience shooting both of them.

Just handling them over the gun counter the SV feels better in hand then my SBE II. For some reason the Benellis just seem to fit me better then some of the other high end autos. I know a gas auto has less felt recoil but I just don't care for the balance of the gas autos.

I currently own and shoot the Benelli SBE II, Benelli Ultra Light, and the Winchester Super X3 early edition. The X3 is a nice gun but spends a lot of time in the back of the closet because I'm always grabbing my Benelli's when I head out the door.

I have a friend who just purchased the new A5 who really likes it & claims it has less felt recoil then my X3 I was trying to sell him. I will say the new A5 does feel pretty good in hand and fits me pretty well but the SV just feels better to me.
Idaho Mike
hunter

Re: Super Vinci versus SBE II

Postby Perchjerk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:22 pm

I bought a SV last year. Love it. My huntin buddy has a sbe2 he's had for several years. I've shot it plenty of times and love it as well. Like you, the SV just shouldered and pointed better for me. I also like how it is disassembled. I feel the recoil assembly is easier to clean than in the sbe2. Other than those two details there isn't really a huge difference in the two. Besides looks and feel it really just comes down to personal preference. If I was a first time buyer those details would make me lean towards the SV. If I already had a sbe2 like you do I don't know if I could justify buying a SV unless money's is of no issue. I know this probly isn't much help but it's just my 2 cents.
Perchjerk
hunter

Postby tdc rangemaster » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:54 pm

SBE II, love mine.
tdc rangemaster
Newb

Postby Tipsntails7 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:56 pm

I had an SBE2 up until 2 years ago, honestly they are both great great guns. If I wouldn't of had a barrel blow on my sbe I would still be a shooting it. What made me choose the SV is it just fit me better. It breaks down very easy, easy to clean, shoots great. The sbe is going to have aftermarket parts, not sure what's out there for the SV even though it's been out a few years. I use my SBE for turkey because of the pistol grip stock available, and for snows I will use it as well because of the mag extensions. Pick your poison, you can't go wrong.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:32 pm

have the recently bought the sbe2 in my opinion they aren't even in the same league (sv tonka toy) ( sbe2 real gun) . guns aren't suppose too be made from old plastic garbage cans. the sv only good point is its easy to access to clean, but look at its parts they look so fragile.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Went out today and shot my new Super Vinci for the 1st time. Killed some live pigeons in remote launchers over my GSP. I love this gun! :yes:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 am

i own a super vinci. The guy i hunt with owns a sbe 2. i personally like the sbe 2 much better. There both reliable and fast. Super vinci is a little lighter but it makes it recoil harder and sometimes you dont swing it very smotth. The one perk is that its slightly cheaper (or maybe not) and it comes apart easily for cleaning. i would personally get the sbe 2 if i could redue my purchase
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:38 pm

thomashamm2 wrote:i own a super vinci. The guy i hunt with owns a sbe 2. i personally like the sbe 2 much better. There both reliable and fast. Super vinci is a little lighter but it makes it recoil harder and sometimes you dont swing it very smotth. The one perk is that its slightly cheaper (or maybe not) and it comes apart easily for cleaning. i would personally get the sbe 2 if i could redue my purchase

Heck, sounds like I should have traded my SBE II for your Super Vinci :huh:

I've been shooting my SBE II for 7 years now & have always thought it was the best fitting gun for me until I put the Super Vinci to my shoulder :yes:

I shoot both guns with the 26" barrel version & the difference in weight between the two is hardly noticeable. What is noticeable is the way the Super Vinci comes up. When my wife shouldered the Super Vinci for the first time even she commented on how nice the gun comes up, which is really saying something coming from someone who rarely hunts anymore :lol3:

As far as recoil I feel that the Super Vinci has less felt recoil over my SBE II, and both guns are currently selling for the exact same price @ Sportsman's Warehouse :thumbsup:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby DuckmanOK » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:52 am

Super Vinci = pure awesomeness
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby Perchjerk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

Another extremely satisfied SV owner here!
Perchjerk
hunter

Postby JuneBug » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Perchjerk wrote:Another extremely satisfied SV owner here!

X2 :clapping:
JuneBug
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum