Beretta AL391 Urika??

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Beretta AL391 Urika??

Postby A5Gunner » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:01 pm

I've got a guy that wants to trade me one of these in camo. What is the story with these? Good, bad whatever. How does it differ from say the A391 extrema or others like it. I am not all that familiar with all the 390 variants. How much is it worth used in very good condition??
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Re: Beretta AL391 Urika??

Postby alex is a DUCK hunter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:08 pm

I have one, great guns man. Id say around 600-650 used. The urika only 2.75-3in shells.
alex is a DUCK hunter
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:34 pm

The Urika is one of the best 3" gas autos of all time, They are very reliable and very easy to trick out thanks to thousands of Clays shooters all sorts of modifications have been developed for them!

Kurt
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby Dehunter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 am

One of the best autos ever made. I use mine for competition skeet in dbls and 12 ga events. Been using it for 10 years and
no problems what so ever. One off the best balanced gun out there. Never shot heavy loads in it, only 2 3/4 " target loads.
have had over 1000 rounds through it with out a cleaning. It has over 15,000 rounds fired in it and no problems. Only addition
is a 10 oz magazine cap weight so it matches weight of my k gun.
Targets-tequila- trailers-Ahh the skeet life!
Dehunter
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:46 am

I am going to trade for this mostly because it is camo and has a 26 inch barrel. Not so much for duck hunting but it seems like it would make a good turkey gun. I don't own a camo short barreled gun so why not? Might be good in my timber spot for ducks?

Any thoughts about turkey hunting with this?
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 pm

I've got a 391 urika in the 20g flavor and it's a good gun, never had any issues with it
MichaelT
hunter

Postby Cobra7 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:06 pm

What are you trading for the Beretta Urika?
Cobra7
hunter

Postby MuddyWaders » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:02 am

I own a Urika AL391 Optima model. I believe the optima model has a larger forcing cone. It too has a 26 in barrel. It is a great gun, well made, soft shooting, and very dependable. I used to use it to shoot skeet, and hunt dove . I have my shotguns mostly all fitted with a kick eez pad and by doing that it made the gun even a softer shooter. You cant go wrong owning one. Don't let the 26 inch barrel stop you from using it to Duck Hunt, because it will do the job. I hunt with a 26 inch Remi 11-87 sometimes and it kills ducks. I am not a Turkey Hunter but from what I understand 28 inch and 30 inch barrels are used. I guess you can hunt Turkeys with a 26 inch gun, I'm not positive though. Maybe someone can chime in and give you advice. But what I can attest to is that Beretta is a great gun and you wont be sorry.
Happy Shooting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:33 am

I have a couple, 1 used for dove and clays and the other for ducks. I like the Optima choke barrels only because they seem to pattern steel more evenly, not necessarily denser than the Mobil choke barrels.

Depending on the trade, you're getting a great gun.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Cobra7 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:34 am

MuddyWaders wrote:I own a Urika AL391 Optima model. I believe the optima model has a larger forcing cone. It too has a 26 in barrel. It is a great gun, well made, soft shooting, and very dependable. I used to use it to shoot skeet, and hunt dove . I have my shotguns mostly all fitted with a kick eez pad and by doing that it made the gun even a softer shooter. You cant go wrong owning one. Don't let the 26 inch barrel stop you from using it to Duck Hunt, because it will do the job. I hunt with a 26 inch Remi 11-87 sometimes and it kills ducks. I am not a Turkey Hunter but from what I understand 28 inch and 30 inch barrels are used. I guess you can hunt Turkeys with a 26 inch gun, I'm not positive though. Maybe someone can chime in and give you advice. But what I can attest to is that Beretta is a great gun and you wont be sorry.
Happy Shooting,
MuddyWaders

Most turkey guns have 22" to 24" barrels in my neck of the woods. A 26" will do just fine.
Cobra7
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

Cobra7 wrote:
MuddyWaders wrote:I own a Urika AL391 Optima model. I believe the optima model has a larger forcing cone. It too has a 26 in barrel. It is a great gun, well made, soft shooting, and very dependable. I used to use it to shoot skeet, and hunt dove . I have my shotguns mostly all fitted with a kick eez pad and by doing that it made the gun even a softer shooter. You cant go wrong owning one. Don't let the 26 inch barrel stop you from using it to Duck Hunt, because it will do the job. I hunt with a 26 inch Remi 11-87 sometimes and it kills ducks. I am not a Turkey Hunter but from what I understand 28 inch and 30 inch barrels are used. I guess you can hunt Turkeys with a 26 inch gun, I'm not positive though. Maybe someone can chime in and give you advice. But what I can attest to is that Beretta is a great gun and you wont be sorry.
Happy Shooting,
MuddyWaders

Most turkey guns have 22" to 24" barrels in my neck of the woods. A 26" will do just fine.

You keeping your Beretta Cobra?
I told you its a winner.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby MuddyWaders » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for clearing up barrel size Aunt Betty, I wasn't sure for I am not a turkey hunter. Now if the OP decides on the gun he will know the Beretta will work for him hunting Turkeys.
Happy Shooting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum