Duck Hunting Forum banner

Browning A5 or Super Vinci

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Mostafa 
#1 ·
Whats the best waterfowl gun?

#6 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
medlin11 said:
I ment between the two guns a posted. Any reviews of the two guns? Faults?
Which A-5 there sunshine they have been made since the 20's
Actually 1902 for anybody keeping score

#8 ·
Can't go wrong with either one IMO. I have the Super Vinci and I love it. I have shouldered the new A5 and I will be buying one this spring just cuz I want one and it will look good sitting next to my grandfathers A-5 from 1965 I inherited. Best advise is to shoulder both of them several times, shoot em if you can and make your decision from there.

#10 ·
medlin11 said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
medlin11 said:
Why would i want to buy one for duck hunting that was made in the 20s? That makes no sense there flower boy.
lol then you don't understand the A-5.

deepmarsh1 said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
medlin11 said:
Actually 1902 for anybody keeping score
Sorry you are correct. I was off 18 years lol

#12 ·
A5Gunner said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
A new Spanish A-5 ,a Junk Jap A-5 or a Real A-5 (Belgian).
I will take my "junk Jap" Auto 5s over anythig made to day and about half of the Belgium A5s I have seen. Shoot, I can say the same for my old Remington 1100. :tongue:
The Jap A5 aren't junk. I'm just a purist :lol3: . I'd buy a new A5 just not at 1300 bucks

I'm also a Wingmaster guy

#17 ·
I have a Belgium Light 12 Special Steel from 1965. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Ummmm, that special steel doesn't mean that it is steel shot rated. All those Belgian barrels are too soft to shoot steel shot. You risk bulging the barrel, especially with large steel shot. Don't beleive me? Ask Browning. http://www.browning.com/customerservice ... asp?id=128

It is on thier web site also. The "Junk Jap" guns are made of better steel that is steel shot rated which is why I am using them for ducks. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
My grandfather hunted with this gun up until prolly '01 -02'? So it had quite a bit of steel ran through it. I inherited it after he passed away and I don't shoot it. Keeping it as a collector gun. So what does the special steel mean then? Now I'm just curious.

#21 ·
gearhead80 said:
My grandfather hunted with this gun up until prolly '01 -02'? So it had quite a bit of steel ran through it. I inherited it after he passed away and I don't shoot it. Keeping it as a collector gun. So what does the special steel mean then? Now I'm just curious.
Probably some marketing thing to state their barrels were better than the run of the mill or damascas stuff out there in the olden days. My Winchester Model 1912 says "Nickel Steel" on the barrel but I don't think I'm shooting nickel shot out of it. :wink:

#22 ·
A5Gunner said:
gearhead80 said:
Probably some marketing thing to state their barrels were better than the run of the mill or damascas stuff out there in the olden days. My Winchester Model 1912 says "Nickel Steel" on the barrel but I don't think I'm shooting nickel shot out of it. :wink:
Got me thinking. :huh: (I can hear the horse laughs.). Steel shot was not mandated till 1975. There probably was little demand for a steel-compatible barrel before the early '70s.

#25 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
hankyorke said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
No Sir it could be a Belgian made. Not many were made A5 special steel
I hope you're trolling.
So the ones that say steel shot safe on the barrels are wrong

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
You said the ones stamped "special steel" were safe for shooting steel through. That's wrong, see the link already posted.

Please post a picture of a browning barrel marked "steel shot safe". I wasn't aware they stamped any barrels that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.