Has Anyone Seen A Huge Dufference In Bismuth or Tungsten

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Has Anyone Seen A Huge Dufference In Bismuth or Tungsten

Postby dkslayer33 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:26 am

I have a 3 1/2 1187 SP and I was wondering if I was to buy more expensive shells, would they help the knock down Power?
dkslayer33
Newb

Postby Puddler » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:20 am

I have used hevi-shot and i have found that im killing more bird and at longer ranges. Go to this website for more info http://www.remington.com/whatsnew/hevishot/w_hevishot.htm
Puddler
hunter

Postby berettaman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:28 pm

Hevi shot I have used and I hear Kent's W-matrix some good stuff. It has noticeably more energy than the steel loads. I limit my range but I noticed that I was not having to clean up as many cripples. I swear you could completely body shoot a bird with Hevi shot and it will dropo stone dead. Its good stuff. Only beware that it is as hard as steel and can damage older guns......my 50yo Beretta o/u does not shoot hevi-shot for this reason. Good luck patterning some new loads :)
berettaman
hunter

Postby bhaden » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:57 pm

HeviShot, HeviShot, HeviShot. I have used it extensively for the past 5 seasons and it is amazing. 1.5 oz #6 seem to pattern the best in my Beretta's and Benilli's. One of my duck hunting buddies shoots an 1187 and now will not shoot anything but HeviShot through it due to the demonstrable difference in knock-down power.
bhaden
Newb

Return to Shotgun Forum