Xtrema finish and length?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Xtrema finish and length?

Postby thaner » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:23 am

Thinking of getting a Beretta Xtrema. Had a 390 SC & shot the heck out of it hunting and targets and used to regularly shoot a 1,000 target loads out of it just to see if it would stop working, never one failure :thumbsup: . I sold it and miss it. I know you don’t need the 3 ½” but the 3” cousin really isn’t that much cheaper so why not have the flexability if they function well?

How well does it function compared to the 390 –391? How is the black vs. camo finish for rust and durability? Do those new camo finishes stay on? I like 28” for all waterfowl repeaters but the Xtrema is almost as long as most of the 28” 3” guns. What do you think, 26” or 28” for someone who typically likes the 28”?
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:41 pm

I say go with the 28", and the camos seem pretty good for rust durability. It's up to you though whether to get the camo or black synthetic, but when I was making the same decision, I figured i'd put the extra $100 some dollars that it takes to get the camo away, and get the good o'l black synthetic

-SR
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby oldhunter » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:54 pm

As far as 26 vs 28in, pick each gun up and swing it around to see which one feals the best to you. 26 vs 28 is mostly a longer sighting plan which skeet shooters seem to prefer. Go with the one that feals the best for you.
The camo is a vinal tape which holds up very nice. You just have to be carful if you use bug repellant with Deet. Deet will remove the color in the vinal.
oldhunter
oldhunter
hunter

Postby thaner » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Thanks for the input. Today I found one new in the box, a 26" black for $850.00 The price made the up my mind.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:07 pm

My camo Xtrema has some serious camo fading issues, but it has been in the field alot in the worst weather mother nature can dream up. I have a 26" barrel on mine and love it. Wish I could've found a price like you did, but I bought mine the first month they hit the market. You got a great gun and I hope you enjoy it.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby HatterWayne » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:52 pm

I haven't had any problems, mechanical or otherwise, with my Xtrema 3.5, MAX4HD camo 28" barrel.

:-)
HatterWayne
Pro Hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum