Semi-auto

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Semi-auto

Postby Robberwood » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:26 am

I want a semi-auto for next season... I really would like a super x-2 but its pretty spendy. Anyone know where i can pick one up for a good deal? Any sudgestions on a not overpriced semi-auto? Has to be 12 gauge, 3 1/2, 28" and come in camo. OR anyone got a used one they want to sell?
Thanks!
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:00 pm

Actually compared to Barretta or Benelli, a Win SX2 it is a lot cheaper and more value.

You may want to check out gunsamerica.com or gunfinder.net to check for the cheapest new prices.

If you want to post an ad for a used one-post an ad in the DHC classifieds forum, not on this forum.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:27 pm

gander mountain has the black symthetic on sale for 699. It's a 3 1/2, I would recommend that gun got mine this year and love it.
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby ARMallardSlayer » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:21 pm

For a little over $300 you can get a Baikal MP153.....mine works great!
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange langing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!
ARMallardSlayer
hunter

Postby oldhunter » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:20 pm

CZ of USA has one for a little over $300.00 and their firearms are useally very good quailty. I would't buy one though unless I could put my hands on it. I hope that they are not made by the same people who made the Charles Daley Auto, which I was told by gun dealers to stay away from.
The reason that I question the manufacture is because they are both made in Turkey. Also I think that it only shoots 2 3/4 and 3in shells. I don,t know that you really need 3 1/2in shells with the Fast Steel and Hevi-shot. I stop geese dead in their tracks with 3in. BB Kent Fast Steel, but I hunt over decoys. Useing T's you can hear their bones snap.
oldhunter
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:23 pm

My friend has 2 charles dalys and he loves his and has beat them to crap and they still work like a charm. Also they have a great warranty and make ones that hold 3 1/2 shells.
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:51 am

For an inexpensive semi, I'd go to the Mossberg 935 or the Baikal MP153. Both are proven to be top notch guns!!! Stay away from Charles Daly[warrenty don't mean crap if you got to replace it every year], Italian guns[the worst customer service ever] and Remington[unless you want to finnish the barrels where they left of].
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby steelshooter » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:38 pm

Go with stoeger been flawless all year, $349.00 for syn. black. heard
nothing but bad things about charles daly, the 935 is a nice gun but to heavy to hunt anything but ducks and geese. :thumbsup:
steelshooter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum