Winchester SXP failure to eject issue

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Winchester SXP failure to eject issue

Postby Jimmy82 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:18 am

My dad gave me a SXP chambered in 3" and I'm having an occasional issue with failure to eject 3" hulls. There's no issues with 2-3/4". Seasons been pretty slow so I haven't done a lot of shooting yet with the 3" and it might still be a "break in thing" I haven't put more than a couple boxes through it. But what happens is the crimp catches the edge of the ejection port and the shell stays in the receiver. Maybe I just need to rack it like a man? I don't have this issue with my 870 with the same shells. Shooting Winchester loads.

Anybody else been seeing this?
Jimmy82
hunter

Re: Winchester SXP failure to eject issue

Postby neon58 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:41 pm

You might try a different brand. I know the Kent fasteel 3" 20ga are a tick shorter unfired than the Winchester experts. The Kent's cycle much easier through my daughters gun she had a little trouble with the experts. Never thought to check empty length have to do that when I get in the blind Saturday. People don't seem to think of pumps as temperamental i know i never did, but I have an mossy 835 that performs flawlessly with any shell you want to feed it except the experts. Just doesn't want to eject them to the point you think there is a major problem, switch brands of shells and its fine. Good luck with your exp they seem to be a nice gun.
neon58
hunter

Postby Jimmy82 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks, I'll have to look into that. My buddies got some black clouds, I'll trade him some and see what happens tomorrow for the 2nd split opening.
Jimmy82
hunter

Postby AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:00 pm

A guy at my work has problems with the shells he is using..It will take the first shot and on the second one it tosses a live on out the bottom..Not to sure what shells he's using but ill get some more info. On Monday and some better details and see what his is doing...I know he has contacted winchester and emailed a video of the problem ..Ill get on it for monday
Im the real EASTWOOD
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
hunter

Postby Jimmy82 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Mine has actually done this twice as well. I thought the first time I just didn't push the shell into the tube far enough. The second time idk... I have been making sure I rack it firmly. The one time last weekend I didn't bottom the bolt all the way out it jammed again like before, so I'm thinking I got it figured. On to the next mystery.
Jimmy82
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:02 am

AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER wrote:A guy at my work has problems with the shells he is using..It will take the first shot and on the second one it tosses a live on out the bottom..Not to sure what shells he's using but ill get some more info. On Monday and some better details and see what his is doing...I know he has contacted winchester and emailed a video of the problem ..Ill get on it for monday

Guy I hunt with had that problem, albeit with a Stoeger. Took the plug out, cleaned the tube and filled it full of shells to weaken the spring a bit. Hasn't had a problem in the past 2 years.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum