Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Postby semohunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Im going to be in the market for a new shotgun relatively soon....im mainly a remington guy. 870s specifically but im looking into semi autos....and ive shot a benelli super vincci and wasnt really sure what to think especially after seeing all of the problems hunting buddies have had during the 2012-2013.... the biggest one being the magazine lock(not sure on the exact name) coming off and causing the gun to be totally useless untill benelli sends them a new one. at first i thought this was just a bad gun from the factory....after all i did have an sx3 that wouldnt pattern for crap.. come to find out it was due to a slightly bent barrel from the factory.. but this has happened to multiple people i know that have the vincci and super vincci..which brings me to my question is a Benelli really worth the money?
semohunter
hunter

Re: Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:34 pm

that is up to you for me they are because they are a quality product. the vinchi is what it is a poor excuse for a gun ugly and enough plastic for the emperor of china (MY OPINION). take a look at the other models.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby semohunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:37 pm

i know its really a personal oppinion....and i have the same views as you do on the vincci....but ive seen problems out the sbe2 and other models...and yes i know every gun is going to have their individual issues. im kind of hoping to hear from some people who own or have owned benellis and see what they say about them
semohunter
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:44 pm

know a guy that is still using his 20 year old monte. dad has his ultra light never cleans :fingerpt: it works fine it is a duck gun. bought a sbe2 works good even with 1oz loads. from what i hear and read people just don't know how to clean their benellis properly . that being said their are other fine gun makers out their just find one that you like.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby Perchjerk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:31 pm

I have a SV an have been totally impressed with it. Not a hiccup whatsoever shooting all kinds of loads from the lightest target loads to 3.5 mags. It was between the SV and sbe2 for me and the SV shouldered much better for me. The modular system is very nice and the look, while irrelevant to me at least, is growing on me. Everyone of the top semi autos on the market have had some sort of issue. So my answer is what's typically said to questions like this, it's up to you to decide. For me, I would spend the money again in a heart beat and my long time huntin buddy would say the same for his sbe2. Ymmv.
Last edited by Perchjerk on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perchjerk
hunter

Postby omaha » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm

I have a 20 year old montifelltro love it always works only jams if it's too clean and has too much oil. No I am not kidding. All my friends shot benellis or franchis. Not saying they are the best but we have all had other guns some have bought newer guns but keep going back to benellis. It's all personal but my one friend has owned 5 different guns in the past year, yes he has issues but that's another story, he just bought a sbe II loves and is leaving the rest of the guns at home. I would shoot one and decide, I know I won't own another gun and yes it expensive but how many years will you use it.
omaha
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Been running an SBE 1 for over 14 years...never a problem. Bought an M2 for this season and totally love it so far. Before benelli I was a Remington guy all the way. Only guns I've seen as tough and durable as my 870s are my Benellis. Simplicity is the key. Nothing really to tear up on the 870 and the same with the benelli. That said, I don't think you could pay me to own the Vinci or Super Vinci. If benelli ever quits making the SBE or M lines, I'm going to buy a browning A5.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 pm

I like my SBE2. Since you're a Remington man, have you thought about getting a Versamax? My hunting partner just got one and its a sweet shooting gun. The forearm feels a little chubby to me but that probably because my last two autos (sbe2 and maxus) had/have pretty thin forearms.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:32 pm

semohunter wrote:Im going to be in the market for a new shotgun relatively soon....im mainly a remington guy. 870s specifically but im looking into semi autos....and ive shot a benelli super vincci and wasnt really sure what to think especially after seeing all of the problems hunting buddies have had during the 2012-2013.... the biggest one being the magazine lock(not sure on the exact name) coming off and causing the gun to be totally useless untill benelli sends them a new one. at first i thought this was just a bad gun from the factory....after all i did have an sx3 that wouldnt pattern for crap.. come to find out it was due to a slightly bent barrel from the factory.. but this has happened to multiple people i know that have the vincci and super vincci..which brings me to my question is a Benelli really worth the money?

As an owner of 3 Benelli's (Ultra Lite, SBE II, & Super Vinci) the answer to your question is an easy one for me. :yes: :yes: :yes:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:11 am

NON I mean NON of the guns sold today are worth the money they are asking ! You look at a Old 1100 , A5 or a Mod 12
and you can see , the craftmanship in building a real gun , made of steel and fine wood that fits , not plastic or coatings
on the steel to cover-up the beauty of a good bluing job or the grain of a fine wood-set .

But , I do like my Maxus Sporting in Carbon-fiber for shooting Waterfowl :yes: I does look like a real Gun :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:43 am

Benelux m2, I love it. Never has not shot when I pull the trigger. And camo hold up good. Ill have it forever
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby kruse » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:20 am

I have a SBE and I love it. I never had a problem with it.
kruse
hunter

Postby BBK » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:45 am

Been shooting remington since I started hunting 11 years ago. Switched to a SBE this year and LOVE it. All personal preference though.
BBK
hunter

Postby A5Mag12 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am

S=sucker
B=born
E=everyday

Benelli=most overpriced shotgun ever built.
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:52 pm

3200 man wrote:NON I mean NON of the guns sold today are worth the money they are asking ! You look at a Old 1100 , A5 or a Mod 12
and you can see , the craftmanship in building a real gun , made of steel and fine wood that fits , not plastic or coatings
on the steel to cover-up the beauty of a good bluing job or the grain of a fine wood-set .

But , I do like my Maxus Sporting in Carbon-fiber for shooting Waterfowl :yes: I does look like a real Gun :thumbsup:

:lol3: :lol3:
winchester1852
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:54 pm

A5Mag12 wrote:S=sucker
B=born
E=everyday

its a good thing i have the sbe2 :bow:
winchester1852
hunter

Postby beaunelli » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes they are.

First off,keep in mind the people that talk sh!t about them are usually the ones that cant afford one to begin with, and the people complaining about looks have other priorities than killing ducks..

With that being said you get what you pay for and benelli and beretta are top tier. Dont let anyone tell you they arent. I use my guns and a wood stocked+ blued barrel gun wouldnt hold up nearly as long as the "plastic dipped benelli." that gets put up wet almost never gets cleaned and still goes boom all 3 times.

Yes you can kill just as many ducks with an 870 but you inquired about top end shotguns so theres my .2 cent
beaunelli
hunter

Postby A5Mag12 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:21 pm

beaunelli wrote:Yes they are.

First off,keep in mind the people that talk sh!t about them are usually the ones that cant afford one to begin with, and the people complaining about looks have other priorities than killing ducks..

Page 6 of the show me your scatterguns thread then tell me if I could afford one. :rolleyes: Hell I could probably buy and sell you. :hi:
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:45 pm

After 55 yrs of killing Ducks and Geese and most of them before Benelli's came out , True Marketing hooks most fish ?

WHICH ONE IS Better ? NONE of them , than the birds killed with the ones mentioned above...........wait 50 yrs and see

if your's is still killing Birds ?
3200 man
hunter

Postby Abecks90 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:28 pm

I have a SBE but in the left handed model. I know my gun needs to completely spotless to function properly so i clean it after every other hunt or so. I know several other people that have the left hand models and have the same "problem". My grandpa shoots a SBE but about 5 years older and in the right handed model and cleans it one time and that's before he puts it away after the season is over. I do believe they are worth the money but I would also give Beretta's a chance. Just my opinion.
Adam
Abecks90
Newb

Postby winchester1852 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 pm

3200 man wrote:After 55 yrs of killing Ducks and Geese and most of them before Benelli's came out , True Marketing hooks most fish ?

WHICH ONE IS Better ? NONE of them , than the birds killed with the ones mentioned above...........wait 50 yrs and see

if your's is still killing Birds ?

havent seen much in the way of advertisements for benelli but lots for beretta's
winchester1852
hunter

Postby rookielabtrainer » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Beretta xtrema2 had it for 5 seasons now. I might clean it once a year, not a spec of rust. Shoots a lot softer than any inertia gun.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
rookielabtrainer
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Best chance is to run the serial numbers over the phone and make sure the one you want was made on a Wednesday. :thumbsup:
And there is no doubt as to whether or not benelli/beretta produces quality guns. If anyone needs more convincing id take a look at there website. *Premium O/U and SxS in specific :biggrin:
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:17 pm

by A5Mag12 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am
S=sucker
B=born
E=everyday

What he said. I have a friend who owns one, but I cannot understand for the life of me why it is so high priced., there are better options out there, much bettter, don't drink the Benelli Kool Aid.

beaunelli said,
With that being said you get what you pay for

Unfortunately this is not true..............................
There is no unity in "diversity"

Member NRA
Member Ducks Unlimited
Art Vandelay
hunter

Postby beaunelli » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Please explain all the "Better choices" since there are "many". im listening... I might loan some money from the guy that can buy me up there^^ and go buy something else. :lol3:
beaunelli
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum