Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Postby winchester1852 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:24 pm

everythings ducky wrote:
winchester1852 wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:
winchester1852 wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:Why dont people go online to read some reviews? I realize alot of people may own the OLD sbe's but people who are buying them today should look around and take the hint that there not a reliable shotgun. Theres still the vinci, m2, cordoba, and the montefeltro. All of these guns cost withing a hundred dollars or so of eachother. ( except the cordoba ). NONE of which have such a bad wrap as the sbe line. at least from what ive read. Im actually suprised so few own the montefeltro, its so purdy, and costs 2-300$ less. :eek:

define a reliable shotgun.

consistently good quality and performance as my dictionary defines it. And for as many complaints as iv read time and time again, no, i wouldn't take the chance at getting a dime, out of a batch of duds. even with a 10 year warranty. any other benelli? hell yea! just not the sbe1 or 2.... jmho

exactly.
i have not seen many bad reviews on the sbe2 and most complaints are user error. from my personal experience the sbe has been a very reliable gun and it would't have that reputation otherwise.

This stuff makes me laugh. It's like people that defend Ford and declare Fords are the best ever and there's a reason they're the number one truck ignoring the class action lawsuits. Brand loyalty and great corporate marketing plain and simple. Be one of Sheep and drink the Koolaid. Some Turkish made parts? Definitely worth the $1800 price. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

hey everybody know's ford's are chit. you gotta find me a link for those outsourced parts you speak of they could save some money down the road :sarcmark: you think anyone who buys a benelli buys it because of their marketing ? some maybe but the majority not likely why the fu8k would someone shell out that type of money without having some sort of first hand experience. where their is smoke their is fire. i like eating sheep and i hate ''koolaid'' . i
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:56 pm

I did not buy my Benelli because of marketing hype, nor its name, nor its action type, nor its reputation, nor its reliability. But because of the way it feels, points, weight, balance and looks.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:24 pm

winchester1852 wrote:
everythings ducky wrote:
winchester1852 wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:
winchester1852 wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:Why dont people go online to read some reviews? I realize alot of people may own the OLD sbe's but people who are buying them today should look around and take the hint that there not a reliable shotgun. Theres still the vinci, m2, cordoba, and the montefeltro. All of these guns cost withing a hundred dollars or so of eachother. ( except the cordoba ). NONE of which have such a bad wrap as the sbe line. at least from what ive read. Im actually suprised so few own the montefeltro, its so purdy, and costs 2-300$ less. :eek:

define a reliable shotgun.

consistently good quality and performance as my dictionary defines it. And for as many complaints as iv read time and time again, no, i wouldn't take the chance at getting a dime, out of a batch of duds. even with a 10 year warranty. any other benelli? hell yea! just not the sbe1 or 2.... jmho

exactly.
i have not seen many bad reviews on the sbe2 and most complaints are user error. from my personal experience the sbe has been a very reliable gun and it would't have that reputation otherwise.

This stuff makes me laugh. It's like people that defend Ford and declare Fords are the best ever and there's a reason they're the number one truck ignoring the class action lawsuits. Brand loyalty and great corporate marketing plain and simple. Be one of Sheep and drink the Koolaid. Some Turkish made parts? Definitely worth the $1800 price. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

hey everybody know's ford's are chit. you gotta find me a link for those outsourced parts you speak of they could save some money down the road :sarcmark: you think anyone who buys a benelli buys it because of their marketing ? some maybe but the majority not likely why the fu8k would someone shell out that type of money without having some sort of first hand experience. where their is smoke their is fire. i like eating sheep and i hate ''koolaid'' . i

X2 the benelli/ franchi guns are made in italy, anyone who knows guns knows that. stoeger, thats a different story. i look at fords like the 870. there may be 8 million sold, but that doesnt mean there isnt a better option.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Isnt made in america always best?

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby everythings ducky » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 pm

I am talking about the current example. Chris you have a HK built SBE. Hk was and is a high quality gun. HK SBE's were priced competitively back then. Anyone that knows guns knows that the quality went down when Beretta acquired Benelli and moved production to Italy. It was still a good gun. Over the last 5+ years, quality seems to have slipped. I have personal experience with the Benelli click on more than one occasion/weak spring, carrier problem and other issues in the duck blind. Prior examples have been very reliable and great quality. This thread is asking are they worth the current $1800 price for a new gun. You all are justifying the high price tag. I think your off your rocker if you're talking about the current example. If it is a new German made HK SBE, I would get in line for one. I can buy two SX3's for the price of a new SBE II. I see SX3's often in the $900 range. I can hunt with one and have one for a spare and SX3's are very reliable. That's just one example. I can almost have a custom made bolt gun for that price (high craftsmanship). Benelli is living off of their past reputation. You all trying to tell me that marketing doesn't work? You all trying to tell me that Benelli hasn't spent tons of money on marketing? Please! The thread asked for opinions. That's my opinion.

Also just because you found a gun that fits you best doesn't mean you must pay a high price for it.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby everythings ducky » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:58 pm

TomKat wrote:Isnt made in america always best?

I wish that was true. It's hard to buy American made quality. I hope this country wakes up and gets back there before its too late.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:12 pm

e ducky,
I agree with your previous post about Benellis not being what they were in the Beginning. Thats why I said what I did about my choice to buy another nice used HkSBE over a new off the shelf M2 or SBE2. Of my hunting buds that have either the M2 or SBE2, I have seen swelled barrels from the poor (thin) choke design in the Crio chokes after using BBs and BBBS. I have seen broken links and stuck action springs to name a few of the problems. There have been other problems I wont talk about such as trigger guards. For these reasons, I would be afraid of the SBE2, mostly because of the choke design.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby everythings ducky » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:43 pm

10gaOkie wrote:e ducky,
I agree with your previous post about Benellis not being what they were in the Beginning. Thats why I said what I did about my choice to buy another nice used HkSBE over a new off the shelf M2 or SBE2. Of my hunting buds that have either the M2 or SBE2, I have seen swelled barrels from the poor (thin) choke design in the Crio chokes after using BBs and BBBS. I have seen broken links and stuck action springs to name a few of the problems. There have been other problems I wont talk about such as trigger guards. For these reasons, I would be afraid of the SBE2, mostly because of the choke design.

Chris

We agree. Now stop all that 10 gauge talk lately. I have been resisting the urge to buy one and you're not helping.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:57 pm

I havent been doing much promoting the use of a 10ga as of late. I been pretty much getting it all done with a good 2 3/4 12ga load...on pass shooting geese too. Its been that way the past two seasons. I have not given up on the 10 bore but its need is getting less and less for me.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Am staying on the free pass form.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:43 pm

everythings ducky wrote:
10gaOkie wrote:e ducky,

Chris

We agree. Now stop all that 10 gauge talk lately. I have been resisting the urge to buy one and you're not helping.

My H&K Super 90 appears to be a more solid weapon than either of the M2's currently in the battery.

BTW, did I mention that every waterfowler needs at least one 10 gauge in their arsenal! :hi:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:37 am

I have done just fine with my M2.

TomKat
Dorothy

Postby diesel79 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:57 am

I just picked up my first Benelli this year, M2. Zero problems with it's first MN season with extreme cold temps and conditions.

The way the gun fit me is what drew me to it. First time I picked it up it just felt perfect. I looked at all of the other offerings from the other manufacture as well. I used to shoot an Xtrema2 as well and I couldn't tell any appreciable difference in recoil in 2 3/4 or 3" hunting loads.
diesel79
hunter

Postby fishhooked » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:21 am

“YES” is the simple answer! You get what you pay for in most things. There are lots of good high end auto shotguns out there and I like and have used most of them. If you’re not going to spend Benelli, Browning, or Beretta money on an auto get a quality pump (Nova, 870 or BPS). I would rather have a good pump then a cheap auto. That’s just me. Good luck.
fishhooked
Newb

Postby cootlover » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:09 am

P.S H&k imported sbe from benelli its say's made in Italy right on the side of my 1995 sbe . I paid$999 way back then way more than any other 12ga semi
cootlover
hunter

Postby everythings ducky » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:19 pm

cootlover wrote:P.S H&k imported sbe from benelli its say's made in Italy right on the side of my 1995 sbe . I paid$999 way back then way more than any other 12ga semi

That's because you bought it after the 1994 gun ban and certain models were outlawed. Best way to increase the price on a gun is to tell people they can't have it. Before the ban, SBE's were going for $700 to $800 in my area.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby JuneBug » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Perchjerk wrote:I have a SV an have been totally impressed with it. Not a hiccup whatsoever shooting all kinds of loads from the lightest target loads to 3.5 mags. It was between the SV and sbe2 for me and the SV shouldered much better for me. The modular system is very nice and the look, while irrelevant to me at least, is growing on me. Everyone of the top semi autos on the market have had some sort of issue. So my answer is what's typically said to questions like this, it's up to you to decide. For me, I would spend the money again in a heart beat and my long time huntin buddy would say the same for his sbe2. Ymmv.

X2 I love my SV! Just depends on what you like.
JuneBug
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 pm

everythings ducky wrote:
TomKat wrote:Isnt made in america always best?

I wish that was true. It's hard to buy American made quality. I hope this country wakes up and gets back there before its too late.

its already much too late.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby duckslayer352 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:32 pm

bought a brand new m2 American full camo for 900 at *****, THAT is worth the price to me and fit like a glove. probably wouldn't pay 1600 for a sbe2 but I could care less about 3.5 in **** enhancers. shoot what fits you, and practice with it. that'll make more of a difference than the brand name or price tag
phil Robertson thinks being gay is wrong. gays make a big pout about it, who would've guessed...
duckslayer352
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:39 pm

One thing I really want to know from you benelli die-hard's is round counts from your guns?

As everyone here likes to knock Remington 11-87's, my premier is at an estimated 40,000 rounds with only 2 broken extractors and 4 o-rings replaced. The rounds shot through it are everything from 7/8 oz trap loads to hw, hevi shot, steel, tss etc. This gun is used and abused. Think it was worth the 599 I paid for it?

So let's hear it boys, just how many rounds do those high dollar guns have through them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby surfrat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 am

I shoot Benelli's and I love them. They have been frozen, dunked in salt and fresh water, droped in mud and shot like hell. They are worth the money to me. There are plenty of real Duck hunters that own and love them. Keep on shooting whatever you want. That is fine with me and if you like it I am happy for you. I think that a gun dosent make you a better shot but some guns fit some guys better than others. I also have a camo Cynergy that I like. I am sure it will shoot Ducks and Geese long after I no longer hunt. The Benelli might or might not last a couple lifetimes but this one im living right now is the one that I bought them for. I don't think I will likely shoot over five hundred rounds a year in them hunting Ducks and Geese along with some Dove in the fall. Never had a problem with one in about 15 years of hard hunting with them.
surfrat
hunter

Postby eire » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:22 pm

I purchased the Super Vinci last year. Great looking (but odd) gun with the opti camo pattern. Feels great, swings great and very low kick............ i just can't hit a damn thing with it. I usually shoot trap about 20 ~21/25. With this gun i shoot about 15/25. I then was dumb enough to take it to North Dakota on a duck trip to use it and missed both ducks and pheasants within 10 yards all the way out to 30 yards. I've tried the stock adjustments with no luck. Lucky I still had my reliable rem 870, Silver pigeon, and CZ ringneck. Its a great gun but its just one of those things..... The 28" is more like 30" with the extended stock and I think that is what is throwing me off. It would be great if they measure both barrel length and overall shotgun length. I might buy a versa max and give that a try since my 870 is "dead on" for me. Doesn't do any good to shoot a box and not hit anything regardless of the cost. Good luck
eire
hunter

Postby rerhardt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:21 pm

AS far as durability? the guns used in Argentina by the guides are either Beretta 390/391 or benelli's nothing else as far as autos will take that kind of shooting, look up a report by Randy wakeman I have owned a few benellis and currently have two sbes, they handle very well, My buddy and I do a lot of crow hunting on good days can fire 6=8 boxes each, his older Remington 1100 would break down 50 percent of the time, it became a joke, he finally bought a benelli, has not had a break down in two years of use. Are they worth it? That's up to you!
rerhardt
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:35 pm

eire wrote:I purchased the Super Vinci last year. Great looking (but odd) gun with the opti camo pattern. Feels great, swings great and very low kick............ i just can't hit a damn thing with it. I usually shoot trap about 20 ~21/25. With this gun i shoot about 15/25. I then was dumb enough to take it to North Dakota on a duck trip to use it and missed both ducks and pheasants within 10 yards all the way out to 30 yards. I've tried the stock adjustments with no luck. Lucky I still had my reliable rem 870, Silver pigeon, and CZ ringneck. Its a great gun but its just one of those things..... The 28" is more like 30" with the extended stock and I think that is what is throwing me off. It would be great if they measure both barrel length and overall shotgun length. I might buy a versa max and give that a try since my 870 is "dead on" for me. Doesn't do any good to shoot a box and not hit anything regardless of the cost. Good luck

The old guys at the trap range said it takes about 500 shots to know where your gun is going to shoot every time. How many rounds you got through that sv? Maybe it is the lop thats effecting your shooting but id keep at it. and make it worth all the money you payed. But thats just me.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby cootlover » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Someone that shoot's clay's all the time shouldn't take 2 case's of shell's to figure a gun out :no:
cootlover
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum