Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:20 pm

NO....however, when Beretta Holdings made Benelli drop the Franchi 912/920/620 models (they were priced at ~$400USD below the SBE/Xtrema, et. al.) the real value in Italian shotguns went out the door.

IF...you can find a 912/920 or Beretta 390, in good condition, latch onto it.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby rainingmallards » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:26 pm

I really do believe the Benelli's are worth the money. Having said, the shotgun that you shoot
the best is PRICELESS....
rainingmallards
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:30 pm

rainingmallards wrote:I really do believe the Benelli's are worth the money. Having said, the shotgun that you shoot
the best is PRICELESS....

Then, my Aya 16 gauge is worth the national debt.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby rainingmallards » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Exactly, the same goes for my old Remington that is literally held together with duck tape. It shoots
straight.
rainingmallards
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:42 pm

rainingmallards wrote:Exactly, the same goes for my old Remington that is literally held together with duck tape. It shoots
straight.

Difference being, I didn't pay an overly excessive price for it.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:25 pm

I have three Benellis. All I bought or traded for used. A HkSBE, HkM1 and a Benelli M1. All three are as good as it gets....thats my opinion. Some dont like Benellis and thats fine with me but no other shotgun has the feel and balance of a Benelli. That is what drew me to them like a moth to a flame. I am hooked on them for life. As hard as I search for something better, I cant find it. So if you buy a good used one, you dont have to pay a fortune and still have a fine shotgun. After handling the newer SBE2 and the M2, I still like my older models best.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 pm

10gaOkie wrote:Some dont like Benellis and thats fine with me but no other shotgun has the feel and balance of a Benelli. That is what drew me to them like a moth to a flame. I am hooked on them for life. As hard as I search for something better, I cant find it.

Chris

X2 :thumbsup:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby rainingmallards » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:30 am

I have never even heard of an "AYA" shotgun. I had to do a double take when I read
the name. The point is you shoot what you like and what works. I totally get that
rainingmallards
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:38 am

rainingmallards wrote:I have never even heard of an "AYA" shotgun. I had to do a double take when I read
the name. The point is you shoot what you like and what works. I totally get that

This post tells me you know almost nothing about shotguns, other than what you've read in the hunting rags. :rolleyes:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby nitromag57 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:29 am

U cant beat a remington imho nuf said jack!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
nitromag57
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:43 am

Yuchi1 wrote:
rainingmallards wrote:I have never even heard of an "AYA" shotgun. I had to do a double take when I read

This post tells me you know almost nothing about shotguns, other than what you've read in the hunting rags. :rolleyes:

The sad part is I bet 95% of the guys on here have never heard of them either, but they just won't admit it and they will keep paying the high inflated prices for their Benelli's thinking they are the greatest guns ever. It will be interesting to see in 50 years how many of those Benelli's get handed down to the next generation :fingerhead: I will wager now it won't be in numbers anywhere near the those of the A5.
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:52 am

beaunelli wrote:Yes they are.

First off,keep in mind the people that talk sh!t about them are usually the ones that cant afford one to begin with, and the people complaining about looks have other priorities than killing ducks..

With that being said you get what you pay for and benelli and beretta are top tier. Dont let anyone tell you they arent. I use my guns and a wood stocked+ blued barrel gun wouldnt hold up nearly as long as the "plastic dipped benelli." that gets put up wet almost never gets cleaned and still goes boom all 3 times.

Yes you can kill just as many ducks with an 870 but you inquired about top end shotguns so theres my .2 cent

Well over 30+ shotguns in my safe and proud to say not one of them are a Benelli. Hell my safe costs more then your top end Benelli though and actually has a purpose that is more then just being an expensive boat paddle :tongue: :yes: :yes: :yes:

The two greatest advertising success's in the hunting world.............Hevi Metal and Benelli's..............Neither are worth what they ask for them but boy the have suckered a lot of people into parting with their hard earned cash :fingerhead:

Keep drinking the Kool Aid boys :beer:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:13 am

Easy now Ham Hocks , those benelli's are there known to deliever some pretty good recoil , with that it takes one ,
that walks with his chest out ,knuckles draging but , what would we do if there was No Benelli's ? I suppose jump on the
fellas that have more shotguns than they can use ? Some guys call them Hoarders , people that can't shoot but , own
mostly a pile of crap they call Bird Getters ? :yes: Even tho all my guns are Old ( without Choke tubes ) , they still have
history of experience killing game and targets with those little bores and tight chokes that everyone says , Won't Work !

I'm not against New Benelli's with oversize bores , crio chokes,comfort-tec stocks of plastic but , shooting 3 1/2 " shells
at birds in the ozone layer with one , just pisses me off , like most users do ! :biggrin: :lol3: THOSE Bearded Fellas started
all this ,and I'm sure when Phil shooting his old A5/16ga and Coco look back at time ,while shooting thier New Mossy autos ,
without wearing those army field coat , they will realize what a mess they made ?
3200 man
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:08 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:

First off,keep in mind the people that talk sh!t about them are usually the ones that cant afford one to begin with, and the people complaining about looks have other priorities than killing ducks..

With that being said you get what you pay for and benelli and beretta are top tier. Dont let anyone tell you they arent. I use my guns and a wood stocked+ blued barrel gun wouldnt hold up nearly as long as the "plastic dipped benelli." that gets put up wet almost never gets cleaned and still goes boom all 3 times.

Yes you can kill just as many ducks with an 870 but you inquired about top end shotguns so theres my .2 cent

Well over 30+ shotguns in my safe and proud to say not one of them are a Benelli. Hell my safe costs more then your top end Benelli though and actually has a purpose that is more then just being an expensive boat paddle :tongue: :yes: :yes: :yes:

The two greatest advertising success's in the hunting world.............Hevi Metal and Benelli's..............Neither are worth what they ask for them but boy the have suckered a lot of people into parting with their hard earned cash :fingerhead:

show me some benelli advertising never saw any other than on their website. bought mine because of the performance of the ones I've seen personally. theres no debate that guns aren't what they were. but benelli makes a good gun same goes with few other manufactures. fu*ken black cloud and blindside is a bunch of marketing bullish*t same goes with the a400 its a mix mash of bells and whistles .
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:20 pm

winchester1852 wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:

show me some benelli advertising never saw any other than on their website. bought mine because of the performance of the ones I've seen personally. theres no debate that guns aren't what they were. but benelli makes a good gun same goes with few other manufactures. fu*ken black cloud and blindside is a bunch of marketing bullish*t same goes with the a400 its a mix mash of bells and whistles .

Look in any magazine out there and how many duck commander commercials has there been with phill saying boom, boom, boom. That's just for starters.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:02 pm

marines put their lives into the hands of the almighty m4. nuff said.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Frylock » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:03 pm

I've been shooting a Benelli for the past seventeen years. The first new gun I ever bought myself was a Super Black Eagle and put it through the ringer, many seasons hunting saltwater and yet the gun never begged for mercy. Then about four years ago I picked up a Super Black Eagle ll and this gun was even better! All the while I was watching my buddies Brownings and Mossbergs go to pieces. Last year I bought a Vinci and all I can say is it puts the Super Black Eagle's to shame! To be clear, I am not wealthy and work hard to pay for these guns, so I am very critical of poor quality and function. Not once have I felt like I overpaid for a bunch of hype, these guns work well and endure harsh conditions better than other guns I've seen.
Are they overpriced? Not in my opinion - only you can determine what is good value, a good water fowling gun is more than just the sum of its parts. If you do buy one you won't be sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Frylock
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:40 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:
winchester1852 wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:

Look in any magazine out there and how many duck commander commercials has there been with phill saying boom, boom, boom. That's just for starters.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

honestly i don't watch to much duck hunting videos so i guess thats why i don't see any. same goes for those magazines the only ones i read are the free ones and only see those beretta advertisement with that guy using a duck call for a cigar saying extreme weather or something. it comes down to personal preference I've been wanting a benelli for awhile, since i could buy one i did before the money went away am sure it will last a long time and when something breaks benelli should replace it free of charge because they have good cs. for the most part on my benelli it looks quality to me and the bolt looks milled the receiver looks like it came from a mold the gun feels solid don't care much for the confertec stock but it must help somewhat or they could't advertise it did. camo job looks good magazine follower looks like the sure cycle one. the recoil spring and the tube are corrosion resistant not that it means much but it should help, it runs light loads fine. so i like the gun. i also work hard to pay for my toy's
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Tom Knapp did more to promote them than the DC guys did, but Benelli also earned a reputation in the high volume dove hunts of Argentina.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Steele22 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:02 pm

I started with an 870 years ago. Went to a bps 3 1/2 to a gold hunter. Had a 935 and had jams in every single gun except the 870. After I got older and got some money I bought an sbe shot it a few years without one jam. Have since had 3 SBE 2s trading around trying different barrel lengths and still not the first problem. I clean my guns after each season and that's it. I say go benelli and you'll not leave them
Steele22
hunter

Postby BillyBones » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Had my Vinci for almost 4 years and love it. Found it fit me better than the others. Really liked beretta but this gun just fit. Neve getting rid of it.

Sent from from the NEPA woods
BillyBones
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:31 pm

I have a 10 year old SBE. It's been a great gun, but recently had to get a new ejector, had the chamber area smoothened out and a new hammer spring. It just started to get worn out. It was the very first year of the max4 pattern and it looks like hell but it's killed a TON of birds. It has so much sentimental value to me, I don't think I could ever get rid of it. I shoot that, an M2, M1 super 90 .20 gauge and an SX3. The sx3 get's most playing time right now.....Trying to see how it holds up over time. I do clean my guns meticulously...Love them! And, NO they are not worth $1800 for an SBE2, that's what they are going for here....that's dumb!
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby greenster » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Some ben's are worth it, Most are not. the SBE is prob their best gun overall to date IMO. The older gun's are really reliable, Newer ones...EHHH, so No I Would pay that ridiculous price for the new ones, but old SBE I would throw $500 at.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:54 pm

WOW , the pot is boiling Now , Get'em Boys ! :lol3: :lol3: :yes: :hammer: :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:16 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Tom Knapp did more to promote them than the DC guys did

Makes you wonder if Tom could of been around a few more years, just how popular CZ may have got with him behind the trigger???
Hello

David wrote:
hamernhonkers
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum