Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Are Benelli's really worth the money?

Postby BBK » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:38 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:What flavor? im fond of the cherry, with a little lemon juice and and halved oranges.

You forgot the booze. :grooving:
BBK
hunter

Postby Chris6418 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:47 pm

From everyone's post that I've read, no one has really given you a reason behind their answer except that they're a fan boy or a hater. I personally own a Browning silver, Benelli nova, Browning a5 (Belgium), Browning a5 (Japanese), Ithaca 12ga, Browning 20ga pump (D.U. limited edition). I've also shot pretty much every high end autoloader out there. With that being said, I love each gun for completely different reasons. In regards to Benelli (ANY model) being worth their price, I would have to completely agree. My Nova is my go to for the boat/blind, mainly because I don't have to worry about it getting scratched, rust over, or not firing after it may possibly take a swim (ps, I'm extremely cautious with my equipment). I've NEVER had an issue with it (or with any of my other guns for that matter). When it comes down to it, it's all about how the gun shoulders and if its pointing where you involuntarily need it to. Quit reading horror stories and quit reading high praises as it could push you to buying the wrong gun. Every high end gun has had a mishap, but overall, they're all pretty great guns who companies stand behind their product (referring to SX3, Maxxus, Versamax, SBE2, SVinnci, A400, etc.). Go to your local gun shop, keep the shotgun your looking at by your side and find a certain spot where the wall meets the ceiling. Without overly thinking and keeping your eye on that mark, quickly shoulder the gun. The one that hits the mark (or closest to it) is the one to need to purchase. Remember, when hunting, you're not constantly looking down the rib, it needs to be instinct. An involuntary reaction.

Ps, I'm currently in the market in for an autoloader. When funds allow it, I'll be the owner of a A400 Unico Xtreme. If it wasn't because of this being released last year, I'd be buying the SVinnci
Chris6418
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I think there are a lot of things in life that boil down to "because I can"....if you want one and you can swing it....

IMO...it's just a cock extender

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby rookielabtrainer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:02 pm

I don't always shoot Beretta but when I do, I kill ducks

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
rookielabtrainer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 am

Don't besmerch the M2 on account of the SBE penis extender. My M2 has been a great gun Mud.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:06 am

TomKat wrote:Don't besmerch the M2 on account of the SBE penis extender. My M2 has been a great gun Mud.

We just had a conversation about this a few weeks ago, didn't we? Not so funny when you are the one with a peener stretcher is it? Only difference is a half inch. Welcome to the club. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:52 am

clampdaddy wrote:
TomKat wrote:Don't besmerch the M2 on account of the SBE penis extender. My M2 has been a great gun Mud.

We just had a conversation about this a few weeks ago, didn't we? Not so funny when you are the one with a peener stretcher is it? Only difference is a half inch. Welcome to the club. :lol3:

Come on come on...everyone knows its not how big it is. Its how you use.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:15 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:Come on come on...everyone knows its not how big it is. Its how you use.

Why is it that only guys with small peckers say that? That's like girls with no boobs talking about their "personality"......
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 am

This reminds me of the kids in school who would punch the girls that they had a crush on.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:33 pm

How many girls did you punch ,before you bought a Benelli , Clamp ? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :yes:

You shoot all those reloads , yet ?
3200 man
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

3200 man wrote:How many girls did you punch ,before you bought a Benelli , Clamp ? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :yes:

You shoot all those reloads , yet ?

I'm not a Benelli guy, or a Browning guy, or a Remington guy, or a Winchester guy, or whatever. Every company makes at least one model I'd like to own so I tend to stay neutral.

I still have about half of them. When ammo started becoming more available I started buying and shooting store bought ammo. I'm saving the rest of those reloads for crow season. :yes: They pattern way tighter than the factory stuff I've been shooting.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby RNT_MAN » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:32 pm

beaunelli wrote:Yes they are.

First off,keep in mind the people that talk sh!t about them are usually the ones that cant afford one to begin with, and the people complaining about looks have other priorities than killing ducks..

With that being said you get what you pay for and benelli and beretta are top tier. Dont let anyone tell you they arent. I use my guns and a wood stocked+ blued barrel gun wouldnt hold up nearly as long as the "plastic dipped benelli." that gets put up wet almost never gets cleaned and still goes boom all 3 times.

Yes you can kill just as many ducks with an 870 but you inquired about top end shotguns so theres my .2 cent

There are a lot more 30-50 year old wood stocked+blued barrel shotguns out there still shooting than plastic dipped Benellis. My issue with Benelli is 1.) the price 2.)the fact that your buddies can **** you over duck hunting by simply touching the bolt handle 3.) they havent been out long enough (the oldest are just over 20 years old) to call themselves lifetime shotguns. It's a proven fact that camo finishes will fade or wear out, and that the comfort tech stocks rubber will degrade over a few years. Also go to any hunting classifieds and there are several, and I mean several benellis for sale on every one of them. Most people that have a gun that they feel is a good gun that they got a good deal on will keep them. It's all a matter of choice. I would rather buy a mint condition 20 year old A5 for $1000-$1200 bucks that has a pedigree of lasting forever vs a $1700 chunk of plastic. It's all in the coolaid my friend. You could buy 5 870s for the price of one benelli....and anyone that will say that a benelli will outlast 5 870s or is 5x the value isnt worth feeding.
"Blow blow cold north wind, blow those mallard greenheads in.."
"Kill counts are for snipers and fighter pilots, not duck hunters."
RNT_MAN
hunter

Postby BBK » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Seems to me the ones talking smack have taken a personal side in the matter. Maybe some hidden jealousy, or a need to extend their own ego by putting down owners of something that MIGHT be better than what they own?

Why anyone feels the need to put down someone else because of what shotgun they own I will never understand, sounds like a bunch of little girls bickering.
BBK
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:12 am

First off,keep in mind the people that talk sh!t about them are usually the ones that cant afford one to begin with, and the people complaining about looks have other priorities than killing ducks..

With that being said you get what you pay for and benelli and beretta are top tier. Dont let anyone tell you they arent. I use my guns and a wood stocked+ blued barrel gun wouldnt hold up nearly as long as the "plastic dipped benelli." that gets put up wet almost never gets cleaned and still goes boom all 3 times.

Yes you can kill just as many ducks with an 870 but you inquired about top end shotguns so theres my .2 cent

this is exactly true. Everyone that complains about benelli either havent used one or cant afford one. I have a super vinci which i love for the most part. They are realiable and dont require lots of cleaning. THey are natural born fowl killers.
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby RNT_MAN » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 am

thomashamm2 wrote:

this is exactly true. Everyone that complains about benelli either havent used one or cant afford one. I have a super vinci which i love for the most part. They are realiable and dont require lots of cleaning. THey are natural born fowl killers.

A fool and his money are soon parted.....it's not a matter of affording one. They are good shotguns...just not $1700 good. The original poster asked if they are worthy he money. With what's available for far less my opinion is no.
"Blow blow cold north wind, blow those mallard greenheads in.."
"Kill counts are for snipers and fighter pilots, not duck hunters."
RNT_MAN
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 am

thomashamm2 wrote:

This is exactly false. I have shot a few Benellis and I don't own one anymore. Just wasn't a fan of them for different reasons. They didn't exactly point or shoulder well for me. Everyone has different reasons for not liking guns, price isn't the only issue.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby stlwaterfowl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 am

I own numerous Benelli's and have never had one jam on me. Benelli's being inertia driven does give a little more recoil than the typical gas operated semi automatic, but I can say with confidence that you can't find a more reliable semi. I know it is bad, but I have never thoroughly cleaned any of my Benelli's.
stlwaterfowl
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 am

In a word NO! But I feel that way about most new guns. Sure they are nice but $1500 for plastic and aluminum just aint right. I don't think there is any competition and in fact I think that if you don't price your guns up there now days you aren't seen as a serious competitor on price impression alone.
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:15 am

I look at it like this. Let's say you go to a gun shop and shoulder a versamax, a maxus, an A400, an sbe2, and the prices are $1300, $1400, 1500, and $1600. If the $1600 gun feels better, then buying the $1300 gun to save $300 is a poor investment.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:38 am

clampdaddy wrote:I look at it like this. Let's say you go to a gun shop and shoulder a versamax, a maxus, an A400, an sbe2, and the prices are $1300, $1400, 1500, and $1600. If the $1600 gun feels better, then buying the $1300 gun to save $300 is a poor investment.

That's exactly right. Are any of the newwer guns WORTH $1000 or more. Probably not. Do people including myself buy them. Yes. So the market knows people will buy them so that's why the prices are set the way they are. So what is the difference between a $1300 Maxus, or a new A5 that $1400-$1500, or the a400 Extreme that's also $1700? Why is Benelli the only one that ever seems to have this price or worth debate brought up about it? There are several gun makers with guns in that price range. Just buy one you like and shoot it. Who cares what it is as long as it works well for you.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 pm

BBK wrote:Seems to me the ones talking smack have taken a personal side in the matter.

Look...everyone wants to believe that they made the right decisions in life. From the beer they prefer, to the woman they married, to the sports team that they root for...
I think the simplest point that I've tried to make is this:
There is a point in shotguns, anything really, where you are spending more...just to differentiate yourself from the ordinary....a Honda Accord is a great car...you want the BMW why? Do you realllllly notice the fine German engineering? Do you realllly notice the nuances of the suspension while you are sitting in traffic? The core of it is vanity and you buy it 1) because you can afford it and 2) to show everyone that you can afford it. But that would be **** things to admit right? So the other option is to pontificate about balance and "feel" and the other nuances that go unnoticed by the average guy...but you notice it because you are ABOVE the average guy right? Riiiiiiiiiiight.... :thumbsup:
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Hey THAT"S Right ! I hunt on the river with my blind 10 ft above the water so , Shooting my Maxus is above the average

Guy . :thumbsup: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol: :yes:

My hunting partner is up to speed though , he shoots a .....................................benelli :lol: :huh:
3200 man
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks Slack, I didn'realize I was above average because I can feel the diferences between a cheap gun and a more expensive one. I feel special now. :wink:

I was just thinking that in general these guns are over priced. Synthetic stocks for instance are way easier to make, much cheaper in material costs, and the repeatability in manufacturing tolerances is spot on. All these things should make a gun cheaper but I don't see gun prices going that way. Why? Because the market will bear the price. May be the way things are but I don't think ti's right.
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:59 pm

A5Gunner wrote:Thanks Slack, I didn'realize I was above average because I can feel the diferences between a cheap gun and a more expensive one. I feel special now. :wink:

I was just thinking that in general these guns are over priced. Synthetic stocks for instance are way easier to make, much cheaper in material costs, and the repeatability in manufacturing tolerances is spot on. All these things should make a gun cheaper but I don't see gun prices going that way. Why? Because the market will bear the price. May be the way things are but I don't think ti's right.

You're right. But what hasn't gone up in price over the years? I can justify a $1500 gun I'll have for who knows how many years. Pretty hard for me to justify a $3000+ dog like some people do. How long have people paid this much for those?? :no:
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:25 pm

clampdaddy wrote:I look at it like this. Let's say you go to a gun shop and shoulder a versamax, a maxus, an A400, an sbe2, and the prices are $1300, $1400, 1500, and $1600. If the $1600 gun feels better, then buying the $1300 gun to save $300 is a poor investment.

Yessir...however, you then look for the guy that shouldered and purchased the $1600 shotgun but has since decided to sell it for "X" reason...never pay retail! :wink:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum