Duck Hunting Forum banner

New Gun?

732 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Yuchi1 
#1 ·
Looking at getting a new shotgun for waterfowl hunting. Wanting something that's capable of shooting 3 1/2 inch shells but want something that's reasonably priced. Anybody have any suggestions on what they shoot, and any negatives or positives on different guns.

Thanks,
kswaterfowler

#2 ·
I recently purchased a stoeger m3500 and so far I love it. Shoot it during early season for teal and even took I squirrel huntin. The first time I shoot it at skeet it didn't like low brass shells which is a normal for semi's. A fair amount of people will bash them on here but so far it has been a awesome gun.

#3 ·
The only 3 1/2" 12 gauge I have in battery is a 24" barrel Nova (was part of a "horse" trade deal) which a Limbsaver was placed on it's stern. It "kicks" a fraction of what my SBE(s)/SBEII did with 3 1/2" cartridges. I have $200 in the shotgun and you can find them for just a little more than that in many quarters.

BTW, I also had a Super Nova (another horse trade) that went out on one (1) hunt...pointed like a magnum yellow locust fencepost...it found a new home at the next gun show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.