New Gun?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

New Gun?

Postby kswaterfowler » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 am

Looking at getting a new shotgun for waterfowl hunting. Wanting something that's capable of shooting 3 1/2 inch shells but want something that's reasonably priced. Anybody have any suggestions on what they shoot, and any negatives or positives on different guns.

Thanks,
kswaterfowler
kswaterfowler
hunter

Re: New Gun?

Postby bulldawgsierra » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 am

I recently purchased a stoeger m3500 and so far I love it. Shoot it during early season for teal and even took I squirrel huntin. The first time I shoot it at skeet it didn't like low brass shells which is a normal for semi's. A fair amount of people will bash them on here but so far it has been a awesome gun.
bulldawgsierra
hunter

Re: New Gun?

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 pm

The only 3 1/2" 12 gauge I have in battery is a 24" barrel Nova (was part of a "horse" trade deal) which a Limbsaver was placed on it's stern. It "kicks" a fraction of what my SBE(s)/SBEII did with 3 1/2" cartridges. I have $200 in the shotgun and you can find them for just a little more than that in many quarters.

BTW, I also had a Super Nova (another horse trade) that went out on one (1) hunt...pointed like a magnum yellow locust fencepost...it found a new home at the next gun show.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum