Benelli SBE II or Super Vinci?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benelli SBE II or Super Vinci?

Postby K Williams » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm considering getting a semi-auto Benelli(it will be my first semi-auto shotgun). Which is better, the SBE II or the Super Vinci?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member, Delta Waterfowl member, Ducks Unlimited member
K Williams
hunter

Re: Benelli SBE II or Super Vinci?

Postby tsamp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Browning maxus. Better on recoil and muzzle jump. And more reliable in my opinion been shoot in mine for 6 years and has yet to malfunction in anyway with any load.
tsamp
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:25 pm

I've been shooting a SBE II for the last 6 years thought it was the best fitting gun for me until I put the Super Vinci to my shoulder. Hands down the gun comes up better then any other gun I own with the exception of my Benelli Ultra Lite :thumbsup:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby tsamp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 am

If I was to stop shooting browning I'd go benelli! I'd personally do the Vinci if I was you though. I like new innovations in guns and I got a buddy that has one and he likes it a lot.
tsamp
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 am

Neither. Benelli M2 is better

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby K Williams » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:06 am

TomKat wrote:Neither. Benelli M2 is better

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com

Isn't the M2 a tactical shotgun with an 18" barrel??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member, Delta Waterfowl member, Ducks Unlimited member
K Williams
hunter

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:14 am

The m2 is not a tactical shotgun. It is pretty much the 3in version of the SBE II. I have a SBE, Maxus, a Beretta a400 xplor, and I've handled the vinci. They are all excellent shotguns, and all point pretty well. If the brand starts with a "B" you're probably gonna be okay with whatever you decide. Just go on what feels best and most comfortable for YOUUU! I would look into the different beretta a400 models also. They are excellent, reliable, and soft shooting shotguns. So don't just hold yourself to only two guns.

Get what you want though! They're all great guns!
Marsh Mutt Pro Staff
Low Tide Waterfowlers
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 am

id get the sbe2 unless the SV fits you better.
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby John Duck » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:12 pm

I the Vinci was unnecessary and just another sales event like Apple or Mircosoft always having to have something new. I think the only real difference in the guns is traditional style vs. Space Age look. Maybe the Cleans a bit eaiser, but then the BEII is easy to clean too.
John Duck
hunter

Postby Steele22 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Have had 3 sbe2s in different lengths. I loved them and swore I'd never have anything else. But I lied, I picked up the SV last week and traded for it. Took it on a dove shoot Sunday and absolutely love it. Whoever says it won't cycle light loads is FOS
Steele22
hunter

Postby Frylock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 pm

John Duck wrote:I the Vinci was unnecessary and just another sales event like Apple or Mircosoft always having to have something new. I think the only real difference in the guns is traditional style vs. Space Age look. Maybe the Cleans a bit easier, but then the BEII is easy to clean too.

Not at all true, they are vastly different designs. SBE has a recoil spring behind the bolt in the stock, Vinci has a recoil spring in the receiver that is parallel to the bolt, to point out the most obvious difference. Besides having the same choke tubes there isn't any similarity at all - trigger group is completely different, safety, magazine tube, etc..... And in my opinion the Vinci is a much better shooting gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Frylock
hunter

Postby Perchjerk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:05 pm

While the sbe2 is an awesome gun, in my opinion it doesn't do anything better than a Vinci or SV. The Vinci however, and again this is just my opinion, has some improvements over the sbe2. For one the modular break down system is very convenient for cleaning purposes. The recoil assembly in the receiver is an upgrade in my eyes. And the safety, while a controversial aspect to many on the Vinci, is perfect for me. I chose a SV over a sbe2 for these reasons but most importantly it pointed better for me. It really all comes down to personal preference and if you go sbe2 you'll get an awesome gun as well.
Perchjerk
hunter

Postby greenbean » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 pm

I can attest to the SBE2. Great shotgun.
greenbean
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:29 pm

John Duck wrote: I think the only real difference in the guns is traditional style vs. Space Age look. Maybe the Cleans a bit eaiser, but then the BEII is easy to clean too.

You don't have a clue want your talking about :no:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Frylock wrote:
John Duck wrote:I the Vinci was unnecessary and just another sales event like Apple or Mircosoft always having to have something new. I think the only real difference in the guns is traditional style vs. Space Age look. Maybe the Cleans a bit easier, but then the BEII is easy to clean too.

Not at all true, they are vastly different designs. SBE has a recoil spring behind the bolt in the stock, Vinci has a recoil spring in the receiver that is parallel to the bolt, to point out the most obvious difference. Besides having the same choke tubes there isn't any similarity at all - trigger group is completely different, safety, magazine tube, etc..... And in my opinion the Vinci is a much better shooting gun.

Finally someone that does know the difference between the two guns! :beer:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby Stubby_319 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:36 am

its all about what fits you better, i have a SBEII and an M2 and i love both my uncle has a super vinci and that gun is really light but i dont like the way it sits on my shoulder my M2 feels really good and fits perfect for a 20 ga. the SBEII is great for ducks pheasants trap and deer. it fits good and i havnt found a shell it cant cycle (aside from those mini shells which i would like to try some time). its all about what fits you and if one doesnt feel right just keep looking cause you dont want to be disappointed in the end.
If you are not sure, don't shoot. Stay safe my friends.
Stubby_319
hunter

Postby mawtrfowler » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:11 pm

You cant go wrong either way, both are great guns. When I was in the market for a new shotgun I was originally looking at the SBE II then I ended up with the Vinci. I too appreciate innovation and the Vinci is definitely a great system, even easier to clean than the SBE and just as if not more reliable.
mawtrfowler
hunter

Postby Copper mushroom » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm

I prefer the SBE II but it is simply a matter of what pointed and felt better to me. My round count numbers north of 1000 with no issues; my brother uses the Super Vinci with zero issues either. These guns are used in typical goose weather - they have been snowed on many times and dropped in the mud. Half the hunts they come home wet. After each hunt they are wiped down and at worst every other they are disassembled and cleaned. Take care of your equipment and it should work for many many years <------ I think this is true of most of the better brands out there.

That all being said not sure I could hunt with something as ugly as the Super Vinci....
Copper mushroom
hunter

Postby John Duck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Frylock wrote:

Ok, thanks, I did not know they were that different, but, what do you mean a "better shooting gun"?
John Duck
hunter

Postby John Duck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Copper mushroom wrote:I prefer the SBE II but it is simply a matter of what pointed and felt better to me. My round count numbers north of 1000 with no issues; my brother uses the Super Vinci with zero issues either. These guns are used in typical goose weather - they have been snowed on many times and dropped in the mud. Half the hunts they come home wet. After each hunt they are wiped down and at worst every other they are disassembled and cleaned. Take care of your equipment and it should work for many many years <------ I think this is true of most of the better brands out there.

That all being said not sure I could hunt with something as ugly as the Super Vinci....

I kind of feel the same. Everything else I do in waterfowl is traditional, Wood decoys, not robo ducks and etc.
John Duck
hunter

Postby Frylock » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:09 pm

John Duck wrote:
Frylock wrote:

Ok, thanks, I did not know they were that different, but, what do you mean a "better shooting gun"?

After rereading my post I realized I might have sounded like a ****, sorry about that.
I think a lot of guys think they are the same gun in a different wrapper, and I guess they do look pretty similar on the outside.
To me the Vinci just has a more fluid feel, from mounting to shell cycling it feels more refined. That's a quality which I'm finding hard to describe or exactly put my finger on. I haven't had the Vinci long enough to know if it's as durable a gun, but it definitely feels more solid - that might be because the fore end and lower half of the receiver are one continuos piece with zero play. I also get back on target quicker with the Vinci as it seems to have less muzzle climb than my SBE. I haven't shot my SBE (15 years with SBE and SBEll )since I got the Vinci if that says anything. But you are dead on with the Vinci looking space aged, if you don't like plastic you'll hate it!

Frylock
hunter

Postby mawtrfowler » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:45 pm

The Vinci has a much better bolt release, larger more comfortable bolt handle and the bolt handle can't fall out.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
mawtrfowler
hunter

Postby Get the green » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:21 pm

I have had both and I would say the Vinci has the edge. However I am not a fan of the Vinci safety. Its hard to click off with your TF since the trigger housing is so big..
Get the green
hunter

Postby Frylock » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:18 am

Get the green wrote:I have had both and I would say the Vinci has the edge. However I am not a fan of the Vinci safety. Its hard to click off with your TF since the trigger housing is so big..

I actually prefer the location of the safety on the Vinci but agree with you that it is a tad far forward.

Frylock
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:04 pm

all up to personal preference. vinici feels very fragile and looks like a pile. sbe2 feels good looks decent and can shoot all loads. The sbe2 is far superior than the vinchi.
Last edited by winchester1852 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum