Duck Hunting Forum banner

Baikal MP153

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Ned S 
#1 ·
I was just at the local sporting goods store and noticed a Baikal MP153 on sale for $279. The original price was $459. I dont know anything about this gun. It seems like a good deal, is the gun worth it? Anyone use the MP153?

#2 ·
That gun was purchased by Remington and now goes by the SPR453. That price was the going rate when they were still under Baikal, the "Remington" model is around $325 now. I'd assume they are just trying to get rid of the "Baikal" name and thus the slightly lower sale price. As for the gun its a decent gun, my dad shoots one and he has never had any functional complaints about it.

#3 ·
I got one. The finish leaves something to be desired a little. But I lobve the gun. If your looking for an afordable auto. I would buy it.

#5 ·
Not sure if you're in the US or not, but if you are don't let them have you believe for one minute that the gun retails for $459.

At the sale price I would definitely buy one. If you shoot it and don't like it you can turn around and sell it to someone else for the same price. If you do like it you now have a reliable 3.5" auto.

#6 ·
I got mine for about that pirce and let me tell you it is a great gun. I love it.

#9 ·
Thanks for the info. I came a cross a new in the box Rem 870 express for $150. Needless to say, i jumped on it. I may still pick up the Baikal if its still there this week.

#10 ·
poacher said:
Thanks for the info. I came a cross a new in the box Rem 870 express for $150. Needless to say, i jumped on it. I may still pick up the Baikal if its still there this week.
Sorry to say, but $150.00 is pretty expensive for an oar. You should've just bought the MP153 and spent a few $$$ on choke tubes.JMO and good luck!!!

#12 ·
Excellent gun, I have one, but the chokes do not perform well. I bought mine to shoot snows. Put a .025 constricted choke on it for long range or get a Terror. I have both. I also have a Mossy 935 which will outpattern any gun I have including my 1100''s with Hastings barrels/Chokes which give excellent patterns. Ned S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.