Benelli.....Opps

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benelli.....Opps

Postby Greg1083 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:25 am

So the other day I got home from running some errands and my in-laws said a package came that they signed for. I was confused because I knew I didn't buy anything. It's a 4 foot box with a return label from Benelli, my first thought was maybe the wife had bought me a gun for my b-day. Then I realized fat chance. I opened the box and see its a beautiful Montefeltro. I looked at the shipping tag and it was all my information showing I sent the gun in for repairs. So being even more confused on what's going on I call Benelli because they must have shipped me someone elses gun. Although I wish this was my gun it wasn't, I didn't send anything in for repairs. I call the repairs department and get the "Leave a message" prompt. So 3 days later I was still trying to reach someone at Benelli, thinking the whole time the guy who sent his gun is has no idea it has been sent to a complete stranger. I finally got a hold of a customer service manager and told her the story. She was equally confused because when she ran the information it came back as mine. I explained that unfortunately it wasn't mine and she would look into the matter. Now don't get me wrong my buddies have been ribbing me this whole time in just keeping it and don't give it back. But I know the right this is to give it back. I was trying to swing thing them maybe sending me a coupon for a new gun but they said they could only do a t-shirt. Either way that's fine. Just wanted to share.....
Greg1083
hunter

Re: Benelli.....Opps

Postby 3200 man » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:42 pm

You Sir are a honorable Man ! I thank you for trying to be thoughtful of the next guy in returning the gun but , did you
think of Benelli is just trying to give these so-called shotguns away , just so many of them returned to the factory
for shooting Hypersonic 3 1/2" 1700 fps loads and turning them into junk ( un-repairable ) that the company is over-loaded . :yes: :yes: :yes: :hammer:

your Day will come , when a really good B gun will be in a box , just for you ! :thumbsup: :lol3: :clapping:

Thank You :beer:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Greg1083 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks, just paying it forward. Yeah SBE II would be pretty nice huh? One day.....
Greg1083
hunter

Postby RShockley » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:12 pm

It's good to see honest people still exist. That type of gun I'm sure would be tempting to keep for a lot of people.
RShockley
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Of course you have to tell Benelli of the mistake. Sooner or later they'll discover their mistake and they have a record of who they sent to gun to. They'll ask for it back AND ask why you didn't say anything.

The only thing that surprises me is that the mistake was made in the first place.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Good man! Its good to see somebody go out of there way to make things right. I had G-Loomis do that to me once with a very expensive Fly Rod that belonged to someone else, I tried to get them to upgrade my rod that was still in for repairs, I offered to pay for the upgrade and then some but they would do nothing not even send me a sticker considering I had to drive a 100 Mile round trip to UPS in town to return it with a truck that got 10MPG!

Kurt
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby Mallard Merlin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Do you have a Benelli to begin with or where did they get your info? That is a strange for you and scary to the rightful gun owner because not as many people are honest. Good for you Sir :thumbsup:
Mallard Merlin
hunter

Postby Greg1083 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm

I am a benelli customer, I have a Super Nova. So that's how they got my information im sure. Yeah I told the lady that Im going to be buying another gun so could we work on a discount and she gave me " I will have to ask my supervisor on Monday." But I am getting a t-shirt/hat combo haha.
Greg1083
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum