Truglo Titen adjustable choke

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Truglo Titen adjustable choke

Postby thaner » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:40 pm

Anyone try one of those truglo titen adjustable chokes?
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby plainsman » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:43 pm

Interest in this item seems to have picked up lately, I've been wondering about them myself.I've heard some really good comments but have yet to see a pic of any patterns.The Titan makes more sense to me than carrying around a pocket full of tubes, not to mention the speed it takes to change patterns.....go from decoying mallards at 20 yd. to honkers at 40 yd. in under a second. There just isn't a wrench or operater out there that fast :mrgreen:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby thaner » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:08 pm

That's what I am thinking. I am also wondering how many setting it has. I have a poly choke on a mod. 12 and it works fine for lead or course. The titan is longer and much better looking. The longer barrel may make for a long parallel bore that may be just the ticket for good patterns. My poly choke has all the major settings plus inbetween and you can go by each end of the setting for spreader and extra full. The titan is like $90 and that's not bad compaired to getting just two extra chokes. I like extended chokes they are faster to change and I am less likely to drop someting, which now that I think of it is really a plus for the titin, you won't drop a choke in the pond. I just can't find anything about them as far as patterning.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum