Question for Browning Gold 10 Owners

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Question for Browning Gold 10 Owners

Postby washburnsports » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Ok I've been having problems with my Browning Gold 10 Semi Auto. Here is a description of what is happening and if anyone else has the same gun can you look at yours and let me know if I need a new firing pin or not.

My gun has been cleaned properly many times and has been completely taken apart several times over so I know dirt is not the problem, or the gun not being clean.

What is happening is I pull up to shoot I pull the trigger and nothing. The firing pin hits the primer but the round doesn't go off. I pop another round in and it will fire. In the past I use to have a problem on average of once per every 25 rounds or so however now it's about once or twice every time I go out. I'm shooting BlackCloud ammo. I have also shot regular Federal ammo and have had the same problem. I realize both are produced by Federal so I assume both use the same primers. To me it appears that my firing pin is not striking the primer hard enough. You can look at the picture below and look at the primers. The two pictured were both hit but neither fired. I put the same rounds back in the gun a second time and they will fire the second time round. Now if you look at the other picture of the back of my firing pin where the hammer hits the firing pin it appears to be worn. Now is there suppose to be a groove in the back of this firing pin or not. I'm trying to figure out if this firing pin is worn out or not. One of two things is wrong one my gun just doesn't like the primers of Federal ammo or my firing pin is wore out.

Also I did pop the pin in the picture holding in the firing pin and have cleaned the inside of it so I know there is no dirt or residue restricting the movement of the firing pin.
Attachments
Browning gold 003.JPG
Notice the indent on the primers neither round went off.
Browning gold 002.JPG
Notice the angle on the firing pin. Is that angle suppose to be there or is it wear.
washburnsports
Newb

Re: Question for Browning Gold 10 Owners

Postby washburnsports » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Anyone?
washburnsports
Newb

Postby StevenL » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:49 pm

looking at the photo of the cartridges, I noticed a dent in the base. It's in the same spot relative to the firing pin strike on both. I wonder if there's something stuck on the bolt face that would keep the base of the cartridge from fitting flush while in battery.
just guessing
StevenL
hunter

Postby bison338 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Had the same issue. My problem was I didn't seat the gas bracket seal all the way in the gas bracket on the barrel. Once seated properly had no issues.
bison338
hunter

Postby jrp267 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Mine is angled like that. Check the gas seal make sure it's in the right way. Angled edge forward.
jrp267
hunter

Postby bubba682 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:32 pm

MInes the same push your pin all the way forward and hit it with some clp the fireing pin might be cruded up as well and it might free it up.
Huntin the barrens of Cape Breton.
bubba682
hunter

Postby jrp267 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 pm

I would hose the bolt with break free, then hit it with the air compressor from the pin side.
jrp267
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum