SBE II vs Perf SBE II ??

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SBE II vs Perf SBE II ??

Postby Bigmoss » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:09 am

Can someone tell me the main differences between the Benneli SBE II and the Performance SBE II other than the chokes I guess ? Is the performance version really worth the extra grand or so ?

I know there are a few other threads on this but now that they have been out a while I want to know what people that have shot them a while think
Bigmoss
hunter

Re: SBE II vs Perf SBE II ??

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:06 pm

I've never seen one in person, and it may be perfectly fine to do, but the thought of re-cutting the forcing cone on a chrome lined bore doesn't sound like anything I'd want done to my gun. Maybe they plate it after the work?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby TROB » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:05 am

clampdaddy wrote:I've never seen one in person, and it may be perfectly fine to do, but the thought of re-cutting the forcing cone on a chrome lined bore doesn't sound like anything I'd want done to my gun. Maybe they plate it after the work?

I highly doubt anything they do is, at all, negative. And no, I don't see where all that extra money goes.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby Dedduc » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Call Rob Roberts gun works, he builds them guns for Benelli. I talked to him on the phone and he is a very nice guy!
Dedduc
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum