New LC Smith

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

New LC Smith

Postby brucemacp » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:49 pm

Marlin Firearms has come out with two new shotguns, a side x side and an o/u they are marketing under the LC Smith name for 2005. I went to my local gun shop, a distributor for Marlin, to inquire about price and availability. Not only didnt they have any information they basically spent about 5 minutes telling me what a piece of junk these guns were and overpriced. Now keep in mind they did not know the price and had never actually seen the guns, go fiqure. has anyone seen these guns? My next step is to call the factory I guess.
Kobie the wonder dog says" Hunting seasons over? Wake me up around noon"
brucemacp
hunter

Postby JWG » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:00 pm

Sounds like a couple of guys who couldn't tell a coyote from a bullfrog. I would like to hear your report from the factory when, and if you get it. Savage, Remington(Spartan), and Mossberg have all opened up their firearms selections by adding break guns. Whether they be O/U or S/S.
What those guys were getting at most likely is the simple fact that they weren't the Beretta/Browning breaks they're use to. They could be overpriced but I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're "pieces of junk". Also, if they're shooting what I think they're shooting, they probably don't have alot of say in the word "overpriced". Hey, let me know what ya find out. I would like a side by side I could use without worrying about a mar,nick, or scratch in the tool.
JWG
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:21 pm

Maybe they don't carry the gun so they are junk. I had some guy at a bow shop tell me Mathew's bow were junk. I shoot a Mathew's and a bunch of people I know shot Mathew's and haven't heard one bad report yet. The guy at that bow shop just didn't carry Mathew's so he was going to bad mouth them.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby dogone » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:39 pm

Hey gsp hunter,
I dont know what you are talking about, Mathews bows are junk. They are overpriced inaccurate, Very undependable, and ugly! I should know, I have one and LOVE IT. I know that they are all the things listed above, because thats what my hoyte dealer told me about a week before I bought my mathews.
dogone
hunter

Postby had » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:34 pm

bruce that is interesting. first i have heard of that. i would be interested in that. i have a friend that is about 70 and he had an old lc smith that he shot trap ducks geese with till someone stole it from his house. i like the idea and i can bet that they are not gonna be junk. i'm gonna go see if i can find any info on it.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby Wags » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:49 pm

I first heard about L.C. Smith's coming back a few months ago on the L.C. Smith shotgun forum. Marlin will be importing these shotguns from Spain. Take it from there..... I'm sure they will be quality, but the purists will turn a blind eye I bet.
Wags
hunter

Postby had » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:04 pm

New Model LC20-DB
Action Side-by-Side
Gauge 20
Stock Checkered walnut with recoil pad.
Barrels 26" with solid rib
Chamber 3"
Sights Bead front
Chokes 3 tubes (IC, M, F)
Length 43"
Length of Pull 14.25"
Drop at Comb 1.5"
Drop at Heel 2.5"
Weight 6 lbs.

i think i might try this one. it would make a good gun for my wife, one that i could shoot of course. :cool: i know it will not be a real lc smith but i bet it will be better than the spartans. those are kinda rough. i'm just hoping it is not real expensive. if it is than nevermind. i always have liked double guns but the prices are just crazy. i know they are probably worth it but they are out of my league. i have always wanted a gold lable but it has never happened. a friend of mine has a stoeger and it is nice but if these are nicer i might go for it.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby brucemacp » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:22 pm

had
where did you get the info? I went as far as calling te factory and they never called me back( I'm starting to get paranoid) but anyway if you wouldn't mind sharing probably a few of us would like to look into it. As for those old LC Smiths they were great guns as long as you didnt shoot modren shells through those older guns with the Damascus barells, my Dad never really got over that one.

Mac
brucemacp
hunter

Postby had » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:51 am

i checked out "marlin firearms" on the web. go to the top and click on "firearms" thaen you will see l c smith shotguns on the bottom right of the screen.
had
hunter

Personally checked out the LC Smith LC20-OU

Postby sabrinalenore » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:33 pm

I stumbled on the 2005 LC Smith LC20-OU at the Vegas shot show last month. I am a 5'2" female who was looking for a light and balanced OU. I tried tons of shotguns there (except those REALLY expensive ones). Although I knew nothing about Marlin, I stopped by their booth and found the LC20-OU. I loved the feel of balance and it pulled up to my shoulder smoothly and very comfortably. I don't know much about guns so when the salesman shows me where and how to adjust the break tension, it may be available in all guns. Here are the details from the brochure:

20 guage
Over/under
6 3/4lbs
26" barrell w/ ventilated rib
3 choke tubes (improved cylinder, modified, full)
selective single trigger
selective auto ejectors
overall length 43"
checkered walnut pistol grip stock w/ fluted comb
recoil pad
bead front sight
safety lock included
sugg dealer $1048
sugg retail $1394

My father was with me and also enjoyed the feel and construction. Now I just need to find someone selling it :hammering:
sabrinalenore
Newb

Postby brucemacp » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:18 pm

Sabrina, welcome to the site. I appreciate the info and we are all having the same problem finding a dealer that has any. If you find them before we do post up and let us know. Don't be a stranger on here.

Mac :salude:
brucemacp
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum