should i save my money

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

should i save my money

Postby bigj » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:13 pm

should i save my money and buy a sbe or should i just go out and buy a new stoger?
bigj
hunter

Postby berettaman » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:24 am

I would save it up and go with the sbe....or if you wanted a better gun, buy a urika 391 or browning citori. :lol:
berettaman
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:33 pm

if you want a great gun, and a great gun for the money, get a remington 870 express supermagnum, i bought it with one thing in mind, turkey hunting, now a year after i bought it, i started goose hunting, duck hunting, it is my all around gun, i use it at the trap range too, i use it for quail, duck, goose, dove, turkey, pheasant, squirrel, rabbit, varmints, home defense, am i missing anything? i could use it for deer if i wanted too, i got my winchester model 70 270 for that, you cant go wrong with an 870, never jams, reliable, inexpensive, and it doesnt look half bad, get the 870!

:getdown:
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:20 am

Get one that fits you for under $900 and spend the savings on more decoys. :thumbsup:

Seriously--SBEs are hot or cold--you either swear by them or swear at them. I t seems about ever 5th gun is a lemon and is always malfunctioning while the other 4 work perfectly. I had a guy with me to MB last fall--every darned night he was working on that gun and several times he was working on it in the field-not good at all. I can buy 2 - SX2s for the price of 1 SBE :mrgreen:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby puddlerjumper » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:22 pm

:thumbsup: never heard of a lemon 870
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:52 pm

puddlerjumper wrote:never heard of a lemon 870

True, but you sure do get kicked like mule with 3.5" HV loads, and shoot a box in a day and you really pay for it. I'll stick with the gas operated semiautos :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby puddlerjumper » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:37 am

good point, lol, ya, i dont shoot much 3 1/2 inch, except for turkey, if i were you, i would go with the 11-87 supermagnum, sorry, im just a remington shotgun guy, ive only heard good things about that baikal mp 153, but a benelli is a good gun, id like to have one, but it would be a tough decision for me whether to buy a 11-87 supermag, or a benelli super black eagle
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Jeepman:-) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:16 pm

Go with what fits YOU best and is within YOUR budget!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Postby travo » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:25 pm

get an 835 mossy and use the rest of the money to take a week off and shoot ducks. your shooting will be better than with the expensive city boy gun and you can use it without having to worry about scratching the pretty finish. the key to better shooting is practice.
junior member of ODHA,incorrigible
travo
hunter

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:44 pm

If you want a gun for the rest of your life, go with the benelli. I shot 3500 rounds through mine this year. Not one malfunction. I have shot 1000 rounds without cleaning it. I called benelli for break in procedures and followed their advice. If you shoot as many rounds through a gun as I do, the gun is actually a small investment. Every body has a favorite, but for me the benelli mounted right every time. Go with the gun that fits you.
Ron
hunter

Postby plainsman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:23 pm

puddlerjumper wrote::thumbsup: never heard of a lemon 870

UHH, ya...right :toofunny: :toofunny: That Express line-up is yellower than this smilie> :laughing:
Seriously, a few months ago I ran a thread about Which is the most dissapointing/poorest quality shotgun on the market today. The most complained about big $$ was hands down the SBE. After that it became a tight race between the Charles Daly and the Rem. 11-87. The reputation of Italian customer service leaves ALOT to be desired. For some reason it appears the Win. SX2 is one of the least troublesome guns out there. The Baikal MP153 is also very reliable.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby duckydoo » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:28 pm

I don't know about a sbe, but when u say Stoeger I'm guessing you're referring to an s2000. Save your clams and get anything but a s2000. I was at a local gunshop the other day, I wanted to see what all the hype was about the s2000. It feels like a piece of royal sssshhhhhhhhh to me... If you ask me I wouldn't pay a penny more than 90.00 for the s200 hunk of scrap metal. A friend of mine has an sbe and he really irritates me when he brings it on duck shoots. Always whining and worrying about getting it dirty, getting it wet, scratched or dropping it in the water.
duckydoo
hunter

Postby Ron » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:44 pm

I personally do not know anyone that has had trouble with their SBE2. Nor have I had any problems with customer service. In fact, I would go as far to say Benelli, for me, had the best customer service I have ever encountered. I had plenty of concerns, from listening to forums such as this. I called Benelli at least 3x before my purchase and they were very helpful. I have called since I bought my gun and the service was the same. As for whiners, leave them home. I hunt Vermont from October through December, which I would consider severe elements and have never had a problem.
Ron
hunter

Postby NS39340 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:41 pm

an 870 is probably the most reliable duck gun ever...brought down more ducks than any other gun ever probably[/quote]
NS39340
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:03 pm

It depends on what you want to use it for, but I think you'de be better off with a Mossburg.

hope this helps,
-SR
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:32 pm

I just bought my Wnchester SuperX2 and I love it. I would take a look at this gun before you make up your mind. Good luck :salude: Happy New Year
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby travo » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:15 pm

a mossy fan AND a red green fan? now yer speakin my language.and remember, if the women dont find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
junior member of ODHA,incorrigible
travo
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:39 pm

bigj: get a BPS in 10ga. instead of either. Slipped & fell in the water twice this season, taking the gun w/ me. Still pumps like a charm. If you need a semi - auto, then check the Rem SP10.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum