beretta at walmart

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

beretta at walmart

Postby had » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:47 am

has anyone bought this gun or know any one that has? it is the 3in auto for like 599. i think it is a model 391 but its not a urika. if so what is the word on them?
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby thaner » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:41 pm

I have seen them and know one person who has one. Works fine. I think it is a 3901. I haven't seen anything beretta makes that doesn't work.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby optimator » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:06 pm

I have one. Best damn shottie i've ever owned too. I've had this gun going on 4 years now, and it's NEVER malfunctioned. Even caked in mud & krap, it just keeps going. It has no mag cut off, no checkering on the top of the rib, and best of all, NO shortcomings! I bought mine for $529, gonna send it to trebark for a shadowgrass camo dip this summer. And i'll still be into this firearm for less than $725. Wouldnt trade or sell it for anything, get one :thumbsup:
optimator
hunter

Postby had » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:33 pm

thats right the 3901. thanks for the replys.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:07 am

Here is the SCOOP on the Beretta at Walmart....I know first hand because my friend has investigated this issue and is on the prowl for one or as many as we can get since resale is instant profit!

Beretta has become part of the Benelli family, and their current position for sales of Beretta, Stoeger, Franchi and Benelli is that only 'certified' distributors are able to sell their firearms. My friend is an FFL and he cannot even order one. So.....Walmart used to have a deal with Beretta....and they have a few leftover 391's.....in fact, here in the Northeast they have been on sale at certain WalMarts for $299! The problem is finding one.....we have been thwarted a couple times already after finding one on the phone and by the time we got there they were gone (WalMart will not hold them).

So, once the current supply is gone from WalMart, they will no longer be selling them.

Each individual Walmart store sets its price on any given day. I would not recommend paying $576 or whatever....you can get them in any gun store for that cost - and I priced them just this week. Rather, wait and check your local stores every day for a price cut. Walmart wants to get rid of them so be on the lookout.

The 391's (any Beretta for that matter) are very well made guns! The 391's are 2 3/4" and 3" (which is all we need). I have a Beretta 302A in 20g and it is an outstanding gun - well balanced, impecable finish quality and perfect functioning.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:55 am

just to f/up on WalMart...

my friend ordered a gun yesterday and bought on also....we have been all over looking for the Beretta at a great deal and got skunked

so....he boaught a Traditions (Fausti)....what a super deal....$499 out the door (no sales tax in NH)....it is a Fausti Field gun that goes for almost $800 at any gun store (we priced them last week).

this is one nice gun for a 'low end' (on the price scale) OU. Good balance, good fit, pretty nice scroll work, checkering is good, barrel finish is clean....I would prefer a single selective trigger safety instead of the separate lever....it has extractors instead of ejectors......but overall a very good gun for the waterfowler.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Forum