SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUNS

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUNS

Postby emmitt » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:36 pm

:hammering: ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGESTIONS REGARDING A GOOD DUCK SEMIAUTO SHOTGU
emmitt
Newb

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:22 am

Try posting in the shotgun forum :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:49 pm

Have you got a budget? That can and will make a difference in the responses....I am sure everyone will suggest whatever they are using and are happy with --- from the inexpensive to the most expensive.

I guess without additional information I would have to say that please remember, cost is not everything and I would suggest staying with a 3" - no one NEEDS a 3.5" and the 3" versions run at least 15% less in cost.

Do not overlook the used gun market. Not sure of why, but Benelli SBE's and Beretta Extremas are always available. Maybe not well functioning? Maybe because the return on the $ is best for costly firearms? I do not know nor wish to openly speculate. Whenever I ask I never get a reply (which might say something in itself).

On the lesser cost guns you will find the Daly - about $300 at Walmart.....not so sure I would get one, but some folks have found them reliable and others hate them. Winchester, Remington, Franchi and Beretta Urika or 391 run in the $550-$900 range. Brownings are abit higher. Stoeger has one for about $400. The Baikal is about $400. Not totally sure of all these price ranges. Mossberg I think will be coming out with a 3" version of the 935 and I am guessing it will be about $350.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby had » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:31 am

that just about covers it. i agree that 3in is enough, but again jmo. i like the franchi 612 for a $700 gun. and i will like the mossberg in 3in. of course i like the $1000 guns but i can't explain it to my wife well enough. i almost bought the remington waterfowl auto but i herd so much bad about them i didn't do it. so when i get the funds i think it will be the win super x or the franchi 712.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby BLKLABMAN » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:36 am

[quote="DUKHTR"]

Do not overlook the used gun market. Not sure of why, but Benelli SBE's and Beretta Extremas are always available. Maybe not well functioning? Maybe because the return on the $ is best for costly firearms? I do not know nor wish to openly speculate. Whenever I ask I never get a reply (which might say something in itself).

I'll give it a stab. Between my wife and I there are currently 6 Benelli's auto's in the safe.
Benellis do hold a HIGH resale value on the secondary market.. People have been trading in/selling SBE's hot and heavy in favor of the SBE II.
The early Xtremas were prone to shoot left. Mine shot 10" left at 40 yards. A trip to the factory did not fix the problem. Plus the Xtrema is a heavy/bulky shotgun. Current owners have been getting rid of their Xtrema's in favor the soon to be released Xtrema II.

Back on Topic.
I would suggest 3 shotguns.
1. Benelli SBE II
2. Benelli M2
3. Beretta AL391.

The Benelli Cordoba is soon to be released, and well as the Xtrema II. You might want to look at them as well.
BLKLABMAN
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:42 am

I have an Xtrema and it shoots good. It would be a good gun for you to buy :thumbsup:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:06 am

As most have mensioned it is really how much you are willing to spend. You can go out and spend some serious bucks on a shotgun if you want to.... they will definetly be really nice guns, but have you considered the Moss. 935? I hear ALOT of good things about it, it just might be worth you looking into!

-SR
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby jackal99 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:55 am

i just bought a SBE II two weeks ago went out and shot it last weekend. That's the best 1400 bucks I have ever spent.
jackal99
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:33 pm

If this shotgun is for serious waterfowling...Get ya one that can handle the 3.5" waterfowl loads...others my not recommend it, but, I will. Momma always said " Bigger is better", and, she is right. Ive been shooting 3.5's the last couple of years, and, let me tell ya...they knock the crap out of dux and geese. Check out:

www.gunbroker.com

For pics and ballpark prices. Y'all have a nice day! :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:24 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby thaner » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:06 am

Yes I agree, gun fit is the most important. I don’t care if it's a $10 gun or a $10,000 gun if you don’t shoot it well it’s not worth $.10. I love the Beretta 390 and 391’s. They have a stock shim system for drop and cast and that it priceless! Same for SBE and probably some of the other Benellis. A gun that can fitjust about anyone is well worth the extra $. Such a great thing and hardly anyone talks about it. For the Beretta you can also get additional shim sets from the factory to make even more adjustments and for the Xtrema you can get another thinner quick change but pad to adjust to different clothing thickness and length of pull preferences. I have Remington’s and a Mossberg, and a bunch of Browings that I target shoot and upland hunt with, but when it comes to a heavy hitter for water fowling when I have on a lot of heavy clothing I pay for and shoot a Beretta because I can tweak it’s fit. If I was going to have only one gun it would be a Beretta auto, well maybe my old 870 wingmaster standard weight 20, or Browing citori white lightning 20, OH God please don’t let me ever only be able to have one gun!
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum