sbe1 vs. sbe2

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

sbe1 vs. sbe2

Postby Arkey » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:55 pm

Hey guys, I am new to this forum, but I read it a lot and value your opinions. My question is as follows: I have heard of some cycling problems with the new sbe2 (not "soft shoulder" but cycling timing on the second shell). If you could save $200-300 and add a Limbsaver to the sbe1, would it be worth it? Is the sbe2 just a far better gun than the sbe1. Thanks for your responses and opinions.
Arkey
Newb

Postby phillipstd » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:54 pm

they didn't change the action of the gun, it should still cycle the same, I havent shot one though, they don't kick that bad anyway's, but those limbsavers are pretty nice.
phillipstd
hunter

Postby Thundersnow » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:07 pm

I have a SBE1 . My father just got a SBE2. I don't know if it is worth the extra money ,but, I know if you get the 2 you should like the feel and the looks. Either way you have a dandy gun. Limbsaver is nice and you can tell a difference with the stock pad on the 1. Seems to me with the limbsaver it kicks about the same as the 2.

Like I said, either way you should have a gun to be proud of.
Thundersnow
hunter

Postby jackal99 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:53 am

I just bought a SBE II about 2 weeks ago went out and shot it last weekend. I couldn't wait to shoot it. I have never shot a SBE I so I can't compare the two. The SBE II that I bought performed flawlessly even with the old el cheapo Walmart special value pack shells. I even through some steel shot shells that had been out with me in the salt water a month ago and were really starting to rust pretty bad even with the rust on the brass they cycled without hesitation. I tell you what thats the best 1400 bucks i think i've ever spent. I just got a patternmaster for it and I can't wait to go try it out on snows next weekend.
jackal99
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum