better "used" shotgun?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: better

Postby cootlover » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:40 am

The nova is way to nose heavy. Well built gun though
cootlover
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:18 am

Cylde , what ever you buy , don't let anyone on this board know what it is, keep them guessing. LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby mudpack » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:12 pm

DuckManClyde wrote: duck hunting/ trap. he asked my budget then pointed to the benelli nova. what do you guys think?

I'm thinking the Nova is no trap gun. Not by any measure.
Duck gun? Sure, why not.
mudpack
hunter

Postby hurtin_honkers » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:42 pm

I have a 20 gauge 870 express, that was my first gun i ever owned, bought on my 10th bday for me to use that year and i dont know about anyone else's experience with the express vs wingmaster, but the gun has never failed me, never failed to eject, had a few dud shells that were the shells fault, i did break the stock but thats because I was a meat head and accidently smashed it off a tree when I fell in the woods
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Postby smhclason » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:14 pm

870 wingmaster all the way. I have literally seen mossbergs and novas fall apart. I mean literally stocks and foreends falling off the gun and slides breaking. This is not even counting jams with mossberg autoloaders. I highly doubt that phil and jase would ever shoot a mossberg.

Also, I would love to see somebody machine a pump without having a little wiggle in the slides, not going to happen. I have a remington model 31 manufactured in the 40's. The gun is a tank and still has a little wiggle. And by the way. THAT model was used as a trench gun along side the winchester 1897. Hell, even my original winchester 1897 is a wiggle and that is not the breakdown version.
Hickenlooper sucks!
smhclason
hunter

Postby smhclason » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:20 pm

winchester1852 wrote:if your options are a 870 or a 500 the 500 wins all day.

:no:

I totally agree with cluckmeister on everybody having opinions and holes. but I have no idea why police trust mossberg. Id rather pull out a bow and arrow. Just because it goes bang, doesnt mean its a quality firearm
Hickenlooper sucks!
smhclason
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Im right about there being no academy here, but i was just at dunhams sports and I shouldered the TR semi auto import, and the HR import excel semi in synthetic. The TR i looked at was very impressive LOOKING. High gloss walnut, blued finish. no rough machining. But just the thought of a cheap, foreign semi auto import with virtually no way to get replaced or fixed is just to risky for me. If They had a better reputation in the warranty or customer service aspect. Maybe, but otherwise there just to risky. also looked at the p350 ( no thanks, way to bulky, lop was too long ) rem. 870 EXP ( I know they're 8mil strong and easy to fix at any time, but again, not for me ).

http://www.dunhamssports.com/products/t ... o-shotgun/
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum