Beretta a300 outlander

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Beretta a300 outlander

Postby whackandstack » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Hey just picked up a Beretta a300 outlander on christmas and brought it out to the skeet range today to pattern and shoot skeet. First of all it is very light and has a great swing, I also love the slim stock. I put 100 rounds of 1oz target loads in it and it went bang every time. No FTE's or FTF's. It shot next to my friends Beretta xtrema 2 and performed just as well. I actually like the feel of the a300 over the xtrema. So far so good, going hunting with it tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.
whackandstack
hunter

Re: Beretta a300 outlander

Postby SteveInOR » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:15 pm

I just upgraded to one of these from an 11-87 and have been dying to shoot it. It's been sitting in the safe for 2 weeks without even a round in the magazine!!! 2 cancelled hunts in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveInOR
hunter

Postby radfordc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:59 pm

I've been hunting with mine for a month or so and it does exactly what I want it to do....kill ducks!
Attachments
Ducks and Beretta.JPG
radfordc
hunter

Postby whackandstack » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:43 pm

NEW UPDATE. Took it out again today to the shooting range. Another 100 rounds through it perfectly. One of the softest shooting guns I have fired. No break in needed whatsoever on this gun. Going hunting tomorrow.
whackandstack
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:09 pm

This is definitely a hunting gun. Broke ice with the stock first day I had it. Today it went under water and it still killed 4 ducks right after. Anyone considering this gun shouldn't hesitate. Shoots soft, fits great, and takes plenty of abuse without any problems. I'll probably buy another next summer.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby Bowhntr04 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 am

I like the looks and price of these, but see they only come in 28" barrel. I'm usually a 26"guy. How do they swing and balance with the 28"?
Bowhntr04
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 am

Bowhntr04 wrote:I like the looks and price of these, but see they only come in 28" barrel. I'm usually a 26"guy. How do they swing and balance with the 28"?

Barrel length isn't the main factor, you have to consider the stock as well. I have an 870 with a 28" barrel and my brothers Stoeger is a 28" barrel. The A300 is shorter than both of those guns. With the Stoeger I have to bring the gun up and out before I bring it into my shoulder otherwise it gets caught in the armpit. With the A300 I bring it right up and it doesn't get caught. I would say it swings and shoulders like a 26" and that is why it only comes in 28" barrel. I should also mention i am 6'3" and even though this gun is adjustable I use the factory settings. Go to a gun shop and handle one!
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby SteveInOR » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 pm

LiquidA45 wrote:
Bowhntr04 wrote:I like the looks and price of these, but see they only come in 28" barrel. I'm usually a 26"guy. How do they swing and balance with the 28"?

Barrel length isn't the main factor, you have to consider the stock as well. I have an 870 with a 28" barrel and my brothers Stoeger is a 28" barrel. The A300 is shorter than both of those guns. With the Stoeger I have to bring the gun up and out before I bring it into my shoulder otherwise it gets caught in the armpit. With the A300 I bring it right up and it doesn't get caught. I would say it swings and shoulders like a 26" and that is why it only comes in 28" barrel. I should also mention i am 6'3" and even though this gun is adjustable I use the factory settings. Go to a gun shop and handle one!

I am in 100% agreement with you and had the same armpit jam issue with both my 870 and 11-87. My A300 sits right next to my 870 in the safe. Both are 3" guns with 28" barrels, the beretta is a tad shorter. The other difference is the portion of the stock that's behind the pistol grip is shorter with the grip being longer than a remington. So jamming it in your armpit doesn't happen like it does with a remington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveInOR
hunter

Postby Bowhntr04 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Okay, handled it over lunch. Crazy light compared to my Gold. It does handle well. The stock on the plastic version was very different than my Browning, harder plastic if that makes sense. Also seemed like it may be slick in wet weather. Wood version was pretty but i'd destroy it in a heartbeat. $650 is a great deal.
Bowhntr04
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Bowhntr04 wrote:Okay, handled it over lunch. Crazy light compared to my Gold. It does handle well. The stock on the plastic version was very different than my Browning, harder plastic if that makes sense. Also seemed like it may be slick in wet weather. Wood version was pretty but i'd destroy it in a heartbeat. $650 is a great deal.

I have gotten mine pretty wet on several hunts this year (splashing through the river to get cripples before they hit the current) and it doesn't get slick at all. It is weird how light it feels, yet the kick is not even noticeable in my opinion. I also used the butt of the gun to break ice the very first day I hunted with it.
LiquidA45
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum