Best prices/places for Hevi-shot?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Best prices/places for Hevi-shot?

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:51 pm

Who's got the best price for Hevi-shot or something comparitive to the Hevi? What have you guys and gals, I know your out there, found. Thanks in advance for all the input. Everybody be safe and have a great year. :salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:29 am

ANYONE??? Bueller, Bueller.......something economics.......anyone, anyone,......Reagan economics.
huntmq1
hunter

Postby thaner » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:39 am

I have no idea. Cabela's has a flyer that the price was not as high as most places so I used their $30 off of a $100 or more purchase along with the $15 back from Remington on 5-box deal and I got about 8 boxes to try out, but that has been the only way to get it at a reasonable price.

Federal has a new load coming out and I heard someone else also has one. I think if all the big names get into the act soon or later the price will start moving. I used some federal tongston iron and got some real good deals on it last year and it was higher when it was first out so I think we should see some easing of the costs as everyone gets into the heavier than lead business. At least I hope so. I plan to go to high velocity steel for all my duck shooting, but I sure like the heavy stuff for goose hunting.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Merganser » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:00 pm

huntermq1 - if you go online to www.hevishot, you can get their closeout sales. register and they keep you informed. I got a case of 12-gauge, 3", #6 shells for $370. including shipping last season.
These shells come direct from Hevishot and are not Remington branded.
Merganser
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:56 pm

Thanks to both of you. I use Winchester Dry LOK super steel in BBB, 2 and 4 depending on what I'm shooting at. Where I do most of my duck hunting here in SW Missouri it's all open and flat usually with 30 mph winds blowin'. Just looking for something with a littile bit more umphh in the high winds. :salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum