Side by sides

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Side by sides

Postby EDP1 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:57 am

Does anyone here use side by sides for duck hunting? Please post pics with info about the gun and choke and shells.
EDP1
hunter

Re: Side by sides

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:06 am

Go to Academy Sports and check out the Yildiz SxS's. They are outstanding guns, period.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:27 am

Also looking for a good SxS for ducks. I hear alot about YIldiz. Anywhere to find them around KY?
Jake88
hunter

Postby Windrider » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Yildiz is only imported by Academy sports. The yildiz SXSs are very light. 5.6ish lbs for the 20ga and 6.25ish lbs. for the 12 ga. Probably not something you want to shoot many have duck loads out of. Trust me, I have shot a few through a 20ga yildiz sxs myself.

The CZ Huglu line of SXSs have a very strong action which include a greener cross bolt. I've enjoyed my English stocked double trigger 20ga. My 20ga weighs about 6.6lbs and is more pleasant to shoot duck loads through than the lighter option. The double trigger models are reputed to be more reliable.

Stoeger also produces a line of inexpensive SXSs. I haven't seen one, but there is supposed to be a duck hunting model now.
Windrider
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Stoeger has a variety of sxs shotguns. The longfowler is the waterfowl model. Although id advise you look at the standard uplander with double triggers and bluing instead of the poorly applied matte of the longfowler.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/uplander-field-shotgun
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:58 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:Stoeger has a variety of sxs shotguns. The longfowler is the waterfowl model. Although id advise you look at the standard uplander with double triggers and bluing instead of the poorly applied matte of the longfowler.

Yeah I'll only consider a stoeger or any budget sxs in a double trigger model. The longfowler, being single trigger, is out IMO
Jake88
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Jake88 wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:Stoeger has a variety of sxs shotguns. The longfowler is the waterfowl model. Although id advise you look at the standard uplander with double triggers and bluing instead of the poorly applied matte of the longfowler.

Yeah I'll only consider a stoeger or any budget sxs in a double trigger model. The longfowler, being single trigger, is out IMO

Exactly, the double trigger models seem to be more reliable, single trigger sxs....not so much.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby olt d2 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 am

I bought a stoeger sxs longfowler in 20 ga about mid season this year and love it! Got a light mod and improved mod for it and shot blindside 5's and 2's in it. shot around a case of shells through it already with no functioning problems. being its going to be a duck gun for me I installed sling mounts from brownells and put a nice game sling on it. all said and done i got around 450.00 invested and im happy as heck with it. I've been shooting a yildiz o/u 20 for duck the last four years and have been very happy with it as well but the y guns do kick a bit even in 20 ga. and there wood is really something for the price and i hate having it around mud and water. I'll try to find or take a pic of my stoeger and post it up.
olt d2
hunter

Postby Windrider » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:47 pm

I do skeet for the first crap, feet down over the blocks, mod for the second shot as they all leave. Been working pretty good, like that choke combo.
Windrider
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum