Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Postby saltwaterhunter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:44 pm

I have narrowed my choices down to these two guns, although they have different operating systems I really don't think I would go wrong with either one, what do you think?
saltwaterhunter
hunter

Re: Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Postby whackandstack » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

I have a beretta a300 and personally love it. Has a very slim stock witch feels really good to hold. Fairly light. I brought it to the skeet range for the first time 2 weeks ago. Put 100 rounds of light #8 1oz loads no problems at all and i could feel no recoil. The gun needed no break in at all. I went again the following week and put 100 more #8 1oz no problems at all. Put about 50 3in #3 and 2 out of it and no problems. Lightning quick action. Points well and is balanced well.

I have nothing to say about the affinity but heard it is a good gun. Overall you cannot go wrong. Go to the store and figure out which one fits and points best for you. You can't go wrong with either one.
whackandstack
hunter

Re: Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 am

I can tell you this, took the Affinity down to clean after nearly 3 full boxes of steel loads, nothing in the receiver, 2 specks of powder in the barrel, mag tube clean, ran a bore snake thru it and reassembled.

I have had the A300 Outlander and it was a fine shotgun, just nothing compared to the Affinity. The Affinity is lighter and trimmer, easy to clean and has 4 plus yrs warranty over the Beretta.

The Affinity has 5 shims and you never have to remove the butt stock to clean it.

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone!
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum