Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderator: Quack Wacker NC

Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Postby saltwaterhunter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:44 pm

I have narrowed my choices down to these two guns, although they have different operating systems I really don't think I would go wrong with either one, what do you think?

Re: Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Postby whackandstack » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

I have a beretta a300 and personally love it. Has a very slim stock witch feels really good to hold. Fairly light. I brought it to the skeet range for the first time 2 weeks ago. Put 100 rounds of light #8 1oz loads no problems at all and i could feel no recoil. The gun needed no break in at all. I went again the following week and put 100 more #8 1oz no problems at all. Put about 50 3in #3 and 2 out of it and no problems. Lightning quick action. Points well and is balanced well.

I have nothing to say about the affinity but heard it is a good gun. Overall you cannot go wrong. Go to the store and figure out which one fits and points best for you. You can't go wrong with either one.

Re: Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 am

I can tell you this, took the Affinity down to clean after nearly 3 full boxes of steel loads, nothing in the receiver, 2 specks of powder in the barrel, mag tube clean, ran a bore snake thru it and reassembled.

I have had the A300 Outlander and it was a fine shotgun, just nothing compared to the Affinity. The Affinity is lighter and trimmer, easy to clean and has 4 plus yrs warranty over the Beretta.

The Affinity has 5 shims and you never have to remove the butt stock to clean it.

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone!
NRA Life Member

Return to Shotgun Forum