New SBE II Recoil?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

New SBE II Recoil?

Postby clymerfowler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 am

Okay guys im about to get a new SBE II in bottomlands and want to know about 3 1/2 inch recoil. how bad is it?
Pigeons-231
Geese- 87
clymerfowler
hunter

Re: New SBE II Recoil?

Postby dduckman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Been hammering on the geese for the last two weeks, mostly with 3.5 1 5/8th winchester extended range, does not bother me a bit. I only weigh 160lbs and really it is not even a thought.

For ducks I usually stick with 3 inch stuff!
dduckman
hunter

Postby - Andy - » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Its all relative. If you are used to shooting a pump you will likely think its less.

I am used to shooting an 1100.... I shot a friends M2 three times a few days ago and noticed a right substantial increase in recoil. Not painful but noticeable.
Tell your wife you love her, wrestle in the yard with your kids, shake your best friend's hand, let your dog sleep on the bed, and thank God for all the blessings in your life.
- Andy -
hunter

Postby everythings ducky » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:54 pm

You're going to feel 3.5 shells pretty good in a SBEII. My hunting buddy shoots 3.5 shells in his and doesn't complain. However if you are recoil sensitive and you're set on shooting 3.5 shells, It may not be the gun for you. That said. I rarely shoot or feel the need for 3.5 shells. I have taken the time find great 2 3/4 and 3" loads that pattern really well and are plenty deadly.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby surfrat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:10 pm

All I shoot in my SBE11 is 3.5...The recoil is not bad at all.
surfrat
hunter

Postby sbe2# » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 pm

As long as I'm shooting at birds, I don't feel any recoil at all. Now at the patterning board, I don't like to shoot any more than nescessary because that's where I notice the recoil but it's not overwhelming.
sbe2#
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

It's not bad. My sbe2 has a little more pop than my Maxus had, but not much.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Jhalligan87 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:55 pm

You will hurt your middle finger. Guaranteed. Buy a beretta and don't look back.
Jhalligan87
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:26 pm

As someone else said the only time I notice it is when I shoot paper. They will rock you. However I have yet to notice them when hunting.

With that said I rarely shoot 3.5" shells now. Once I found some good patterning 3" shells I just didn't see the need in spending 50 bucks more for a case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Jhalligan87 wrote:You will hurt your middle finger. Guaranteed. Buy a beretta and don't look back.

In 8 years of hunting with my sbe2 and shooting 2 3/4-3 1/2" shells I have never had my middle finger get hit by the trigger guard. I have heard of some that have however no one on my group had ever had it happen.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Jhalligan87 wrote:You will hurt your middle finger. Guaranteed. Buy a beretta and don't look back.

perhaps if you hold your gun improperly . as for the recoil for the sbe2 with 3 1/2 shells comparing it with my sx3 it is roughly the same i don't notice much in the heat of the moment but even when shooting for fun its about the same. you would need to shoot a high volume of shells in a short period of time too notice much of a difference.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby surfrat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:56 pm

I have never hurt my finger with a Benelli in 15 years...They have hurt a lot of Ducks And Geese.
surfrat
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:11 am

Of all the semi-automatics I have shot (a majority of those that have been made) the Benelli SBE's have the most severe recoil of them all, to me. This includes A5's, Rem 48's, 58's and other spring actions.
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby jstewart_1981 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:36 am

I had 2 that I shot for 3 years up to last year. I will admit the recoil was there but for hunting it didn't bother me. I had both the regular stock (american series) and comfort tech. I couldnt tell the comfort tech did a thing. If I were going to get one just get the American Series. Cheaper and recoil is = in my opinion. However, they did almost sever my birdie finger on my trigger hand. Doesnt happen to many people but the ones it does happen to it sucks. I sold mine off and bought Berettas. Best thing I ever done. My SBEII's jambed very rarely, so far the berettas are flawless and 75% less recoil. On top of that I seem to kill way more ducks and i do relate that to the recoil issue that I didnt pay attention to. Good luck!
jstewart_1981
hunter

Postby jstewart_1981 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 am

winchester1852 wrote:

perhaps if you hold your gun improperly . as for the recoil for the sbe2 with 3 1/2 shells comparing it with my sx3 it is roughly the same i don't notice much in the heat of the moment but even when shooting for fun its about the same. you would need to shoot a high volume of shells in a short period of time too notice much of a difference.

I second that finger beating but I wouldnt say guaranteed. I been shooting skeet/trap since I was a kid. I don't think its how you hold the gun, it just does this to some people who knows why? I say combo of recoil/person frame size/and trigger guard design. If I am shooting a gun wrong its kinda funny ever other brand shotgun I owned never did this. I also know 2 other guys I have hunted with on occasion that have had this happen. Maybe try searching this website for this I know myself I have opened a thread on it.
Last edited by jstewart_1981 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jstewart_1981
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:13 am

The SBE is a light gun. If you are worried about recoil that much, either dont buy a 3.5", buy a heavier gun, or realize that recoil comes with the territory and deal with it.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby clymerfowler » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 am

im not worried about the recoil as i almost never shoot 3 1/2s to begin with. i only shoot 3 1/2s for turkey.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 87
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby surfrat » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:10 am

Mabee it is the Duck Hunting gods trying to tell you that you are not worthy of shooting a Benelli :yes: They make other guns for guys that hold their shotgun like a tea cup and are scared of recoil. Try a 20 ga 2 3/4 in gas Auto with steel Dove load. And a padded shooting jacket. And throw in a jell butt plate and a ported wad stripper choke. I hope that dosent hurt to bad :crying: .I see guys all the time at the Range that can't hit the broad side of a barn with a big caliber tack driver because they flinch so bad.. I love my Benellis :bow:..Learn to deal with your bloody fingers and sore shoulders..It will turn you into a man....A Benelli man.
surfrat
hunter

Postby Duck Hole » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:32 pm

I have that gun, it kicks hard but has not hurt my finger any.
Duck Hole
hunter

Postby surfrat » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:45 pm

I wish they made it in a 10 ga. I would buy one.
surfrat
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:53 pm

surfrat wrote:Mabee it is the Duck Hunting gods trying to tell you that you are not worthy of shooting a Benelli :yes: They make other guns for guys that hold their shotgun like a tea cup and are scared of recoil. Try a 20 ga 2 3/4 in gas Auto with steel Dove load. And a padded shooting jacket. And throw in a jell butt plate and a ported wad stripper choke. I hope that dosent hurt to bad :crying: .I see guys all the time at the Range that can't hit the broad side of a barn with a big caliber tack driver because they flinch so bad.. I love my Benellis :bow:..Learn to deal with your bloody fingers and sore shoulders..It will turn you into a man....A Benelli man.

It is posts like this that make people think all Benelli owners are as5holes. Please stop.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby surfrat » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:53 pm

I guess only the moderators are allowed to be sarcastic.. :eek: I didn't realize. Sorry.
Last edited by surfrat on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
surfrat
hunter

Postby surfrat » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:05 pm

sorry double post
surfrat
hunter

Postby Witte29 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:23 am

Been shootin 3 1/2 BB's at the geese non stop for the past couple of weeks and I haven't had a sore shoulder. Definitely a comfortable gun.
Huntin the great ole Mississippi River.
Witte29
hunter

Postby jstewart_1981 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 am

T Man wrote:
surfrat wrote:Mabee it is the Duck Hunting gods trying to tell you that you are not worthy of shooting a Benelli :yes: They make other guns for guys that hold their shotgun like a tea cup and are scared of recoil. Try a 20 ga 2 3/4 in gas Auto with steel Dove load. And a padded shooting jacket. And throw in a jell butt plate and a ported wad stripper choke. I hope that dosent hurt to bad :crying: .I see guys all the time at the Range that can't hit the broad side of a barn with a big caliber tack driver because they flinch so bad.. I love my Benellis :bow:..Learn to deal with your bloody fingers and sore shoulders..It will turn you into a man....A Benelli man.

It is posts like this that make people think all Benelli owners are as5holes. Please stop.

Well said. Im certain not all are Aholes but pretty sure this one is.
Last edited by jstewart_1981 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jstewart_1981
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum