Do you guys think...

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Do you guys think...

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:59 am

Do you guys think Beretta Will resolve the issues with the A400 carrier ejecting 3.5" Shells? I found this problem after purchasing the gun, which has upset me, but as long as i fill out the 1+2 warranty i'm not worried if i can rely on beretta finding a fix. So my question.. did i make a mistake buying the a400 and also can we rely on beretta to fix this issue?
Cranberry1
hunter

Re: Do you guys think...

Postby TROB » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 pm

Yes, you made a mistake.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Im Guessing someone that straight up says i made a mistake owns a benelli...?
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm

You asked, he answered. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Well i guess time will tell! Thanks for all the input! Lol oh wait :lol: :hi:
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Now are there any people that are willing to put any useful input into this , and not a**holes?
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby max1982 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Have you had a problem with yours yet? I have with mine and Beretta has told me to send it in to them did once and getting ready to again. So do i think Beretta will make it right? Yes I think the will they are a big company that has been in business for a lot of years. It does suck I will admit that but I don't think there is one gun out there that hasn't had some kind of problem. Max
max1982
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Honestly ,no , and I havnt shot it a ton . I'm sort of wanting to go buy a box or two of 3 1/2" to see what happens . That's really my only concern . I know every gun has their problems here and there , but I'm just concerned about this widespread design flaw . Do you know if beretta will send you the part when they have a fix ? Keep me posted with how your gun turns out please ?
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:43 pm

How pleased are you with yours ? Besides the obvious carrier problems
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby max1982 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:16 pm

I think you will have to send it to them if you want it fixed. If you haven't had a problem with it you may not I know people that haven't had any problems aqnd guys that have sold theres because of it. Go buy a box and try them mine would usually do fine the first and second goes on geese then it would not cycly sometimes it was the second shell sometimes the third. As far as the gun I really like it better then any other shotgun I have ever had. I own it, and old sbe, and I just bought a used extrema 2 to finish this season have another goose trip planned in Feb. I have had quite a few others was really looking at the Maxus then shot one and didn't like it at all. I bought the extrema 2 used and am hoping it does good. I will let you know what Beretta does with my gun. Max
max1982
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Mines going in this week. I can only hope they fix it. I tried getting em to send me the part and they would have none of that. They wouldn't admit to known issue. They were very nice and are paying shipping blah blah blah. It's the last straw for me. I didn't drop $1600 for a 3" gun or single shot 3.5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 pm

What is actually happening? That way I can be aware of this in mine.

The reason I ask my a400 is shooting, ejecting, and reloading but when the bolt goes to slide forward it "hangs" if I touch the slide handle it slams shut like it should. I have shot about 15 boxes and never cleaned the gun yet. It was fine until I went in a layout blind that was dirty and grassed in this past week.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Dont Quote me on this or anything, but it sounds like your bolt where the firing pin is dirty (I dont even know names) and maybe gunked up from oil. I know what youre talking about. It happens to mine if i let the bolt down verrrrry lightly, then clicks into place with any movement (So its not a problem with mine... cus the only time that would every happen is if i let it down...verrrrrry lightly.

*Edit
Not exactly where the firing pin is obviously but that assembly area with the rotating head.

And also to answer your question , apparently people are having issues with 3.5" cartridges being injected/lifted after the ejection of the first shell. It is supposed to have something to do with the carrier assembly or something. Hopefully someone can shed a little more light on your issue i am sorry.
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:24 pm

I had trouble with the rotating bolt myself. Tried to swap shells manually and quietly don't work. Need the spring to slam it into position. Use the mag cutoff switch, and always let the spring close the action no issues. Operator error. Gun ran fine all year till I switch to strictly 3.5" goose loads late. Prolly 2-3 cases through it. The second 3.5" shell wedges in the carrier and will not cycle. It was catching on the brass of the shell. I found a little burr on the carrier itself and took the burr off and haven't had a problem since. Even now tho it still seams slow when cycling loads. I'm gonna send it in see what they say. There are a lot of posts on other forums about this and they deny any issues.

dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:27 pm

TROB wrote:Yes, you made a mistake.

I seen a brand newish SBE jam this past week too. I just love the haters! Lol
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:29 pm

dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Thankfully haven't had any issues in the 600 rounds I've owned mine (2 months). Have ran only ~50 3 1/2" through it but no problems with my carrier. Also, I'm able to switch a shell out and ease the bolt closed by hand. Once there's resistance near full battery tap the bolt handle forward and the action will fully close.
MSparks909
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:42 pm

dfrauenkron wrote:http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=194525

I have seen this post.. which has eased my worries a tad. SO is there a non admitted problem...that they have only admitted to themselves? lol. hopefully that is true though and you get a fix. Also do you think very recent guns have the second gen carrier?
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:44 pm

YJSONLY wrote:
TROB wrote:Yes, you made a mistake.

I seen a brand newish SBE jam this past week too. I just love the haters! Lol

:bow: :thumbsup:
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 am

YJSONLY wrote:my a400 is shooting, ejecting, and reloading but when the bolt goes to slide forward it "hangs" if I touch the slide handle it slams shut like it should. I have shot about 15 boxes and never cleaned the gun yet. It was fine until I went in a layout blind that was dirty and grassed in this past week.

So, you've put nearly 400 rounds through your autoloader, have never cleaned it, are experiencing a hang-up, and are wondering why.
Clean your gun, pardner. Totally.
Better yet, have your gunsmith clean your gun. (Too many guys think cleaning a shotgun means running a swab through the barrel a couple of times....) Then get back to us. :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Postby sketch21 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:49 am

I have had mine 2 season now and had similar problems at the end of the first season. Turned out I somehow managed to cracked the forearm. Runs like a champ now. All I shot last year was 3.5" shells. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
sketch21
hunter

Postby Cranberry1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Do you still experience 3.5" shell issues?
Cranberry1
hunter

Postby B-Boy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Cranberry1 wrote: did i make a mistake buying the a400 and also can we rely on beretta to fix this issue?

I don't know if you made a mistake, only time will tell, but Beretta doesn't have a real good reputation for their support or firearms repairs. However, I have heard that Cole Gunsmithing does do excellent for Beretta.
Benelli - Cordoba (20 ga. & 12 ga.)
Browning - 725 Sporting (12 ga.), Maxus (Hunter & MAX-4 Stalker)
Franchi - Renaissance (20 ga.)
B-Boy
hunter

Postby max1982 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:14 pm

I have sent mine in once already and just sent it out again. Beretta has actually been better to work with then I thought. Also you can choose who you send it to. I sent it to the Beretta factory the first time and to Cole's gunsmithing this time. Canberry1 try some 3.5" shells before you start worrying some of the new A400's haven't had any problems. Max
max1982
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:21 am

max1982 wrote: I sent it to the Beretta factory the first time ... Max

Max, how much did it cost you to send it to Italy?
mudpack
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum