Rossi Matched set

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Rossi Matched set

Postby Silverback4jack » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 pm

First off I hope this isn't in the wrong area if it is please excuse me and feel free to point me to the right direction.

So today I was able to purchase a Rossi Youth Matched Set for what I consider a steal of a deal. I received the set with a .22 long rifle with a Simmons blazer 3x9x40 (I think), .243 also with a Simmons Blazer 3x9x40, and the 20ga. I purchased this setup for my son who is 2.5 years old. It will be well cared for until he is ready obviously. I also have to take him and the gun back to the previous owner to take photos with him and my son with the gun. Now before y'all think this is weird it's not everyday that you get to buy a gun from the 1960 World Series MVP (Bobby Richardson). I guess it pays to be a friend and his plumber. Lol!

Now to my question at hand I called Rossi today and asked whether or not a youth 410 barrel would be able to be put on the same receiver. They tried telling me that each of the barrels that came with the gun were machined specifically for the receiver they came with and no other youth barrels would fit it. I understand they want you to buy more of their guns so they will tell you what they can to steer you in that direction. I just find it very hard to believe that a youth 410 barrel wouldn't fit the same receiver. I mean it's not a 1 off gun it's still mass produced. So I am curious if anyone here have a matched set and have used barrels outside of the set or not on the receiver that came with the set? It obviously gonna be a long while befor my son will need it but I just like to think ahead of schedule. I do have 2 hand me down 410's that my father-in-law has given me to pass down to him. So it's not the end of the world if it can't be done. But it would be nice to have him on 1 trigger 1 safety and all for a while to get him use to a gun when the time comes.
Silverback4jack
hunter

Re: Rossi Matched set

Postby olt d2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 am

Rossi 410's are a different frame size then the 20's and there only fit the 410 frame. The barrels do have to be fit to the frame to ensure under lug lock up and head spacing. If those to thing are not in spec. very bad things can happen ( gun can blow up). MY main bunny gun is a rossi 410 with a 28 inch barrel. has been a great lil gun for me and has taken many a wabbit. Now H&R does have a barrel program and if you have one of their shotgun receivers you can but any gauge barrel on it. If you have a handi rifle receiver you can put any of there rifle or shotgun barrels on it. To have this done to a New England arms or H&R you send your receivers with their barrel order form ( print off the internet and fill out) to them and they will fit the barrel of your choice to your gun and send it back.
olt d2
hunter

Re: Rossi Matched set

Postby Silverback4jack » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Thanks for the info. I just thought since they had 2 different versions of the matched sets (mine being the.22,.243, 20ga) and one of those 2 had the youth 410, .22, and a mini muzzleloader (I think is what they called it) that maybe the 410 would interchange with the othe set as well. Just a thought like I mentioned though not a big deal. I still got a single shot 410 and a bolt action 410 waiting in the safe when he is ready. Lol
Silverback4jack
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum