Beretta a390

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Beretta a390

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 pm

finally paid off, here she is boys! Image

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:35 pm

That ones in a lot better shape than mine!
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby cannon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:02 am

Hat Flats wrote:Just to keep things in perspective the A-390 is the best all around 3" gas auto shotgun ever built. What your are getting for that cash is a steal. and all parts are readily available and will be for many years. Like merganser said even the base model is worth that price.

Hat

I'd have to agree with this statement. That's significant, because, while I have a 3901 in 20 gauge, I don't have a 390 in 12, ergo it ain't a brand loyalty thing. I probably see less issues out of those guns than any of the other dozen that get run in my blind, and they've got lazy receivers, to boot. No need to smash your face against the stock when you bring the gun to shoulder, the raised receiver does most of the work for ya.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby 3200 man » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 am

I bought my son a new 390 mallard in 1996 ,he has shot that gun really well over the years shooting clays ,upland ,
waterfowl . I paid 469. for it and with it having a 3" chamber , if I knew then , how good a gun it would be all these years
I would of bought a dozen . Absolutely no problems with this well made gun ! :thumbsup:

Good Choice :hammer:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:35 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:finally paid off, here she is boys! Image

I have that exact same gun. Mine is over 20 years old and still going strong. Put a sure cycle on it and haven't ever had a problem with it. They should have never quit making them IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Nelliboy2 wrote:

I have that exact same gun. Mine is over 20 years old and still going strong. Put a sure cycle on it and haven't ever had a problem with it. They should have never quit making them IMO.

whats a sure cycle?

If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Its made by SRM (same guys that make terror tubes). It is a stainless steel recoil tube, spring and plunger. If yours isn't rusted I wouldn't worry about adding one yet.

If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby On the X » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:14 pm

Could this gun come with a rounded receiver rather than the low humpback style? I was in one of my local gun shops today and while waiting noticed one on the rack. It was either an AL390 or an AL391. Was there an AL391? Like I said, it had a rounded receiver with wood stock.
On the X
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 pm

On the X wrote:Could this gun come with a rounded receiver rather than the low humpback style? I was in one of my local gun shops today and while waiting noticed one on the rack. It was either an AL390 or an AL391. Was there an AL391? Like I said, it had a rounded receiver with wood stock.

Yea it does, i was asked that earlier in the topic i think :huh: or it mighta been brought up.
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:59 pm

On the X wrote:Could this gun come with a rounded receiver rather than the low humpback style? I was in one of my local gun shops today and while waiting noticed one on the rack. It was either an AL390 or an AL391. Was there an AL391? Like I said, it had a rounded receiver with wood stock.

The AL390 Sporting Clays version had the rounded receiver as do the 391 series.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby On the X » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 am

Yuchi1 wrote:

What would either of these be worth in good to really good condition? IYO
On the X
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:47 am

On the X wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:

i think any 390 would be worth the money if its in good condition.
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby SteveInOR » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:33 am

Nelliboy2 wrote:

In a way they didn't. The 391 series and the new A300 are very similar to the old 390's.
I had a sure cycle setup in my 11-87, huge upgrade over the factory setup and definitely worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveInOR
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:44 am

On the X wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:

IF..."good condition" means ~75-80% of original, the AL390 would be worth (to me) ~$400USD

In "really good condition" (~90-95%), ~$550-600USD

The 390's are one of the few modern day production shotguns that are holding their value and in some instances, selling for more than they did when new.

I had a 391 and didn't care for it after shooting a few hundred rounds (it "kicked" harder than any of my 390's) so I sold it and as such, would not be interested in acquiring another.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:47 am

IMO, the one "weakness" of many 390's is the tendency for the safety to come off safe mode to fire mode much easier (you can just touch it and it'll do so w/o much of the audible "click") than other models which could be a hazard to some shooters.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby cannon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
I had a 391 and didn't care for it after shooting a few hundred rounds (it "kicked" harder than any of my 390's) so I sold it and as such, would not be interested in acquiring another.

Yup. "Headache gun." I had the same experience. Hard to beat that 390. I've got a 3901 in 20 gauge that I would only let go of if someone gave me enough money to buy 2 more just like it. They're just good scatter guns.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby On the X » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:IMO, the one "weakness" of many 390's is the tendency for the safety to come off safe mode to fire mode much easier (you can just touch it and it'll do so w/o much of the audible "click") than other models which could be a hazard to some shooters.

I keep mine on fire all the time anyway so no big deal.

Just kidding
On the X
hunter

Postby nitram » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:21 pm

You did good Clyde. Looks like its been well taken care of. I have a 390 in 20ga that has taken countless quail, dove, and teal plus a zillion rounds of clays and it's just an awesome performer, day-in and day-out. A little TLC on your part and your grandkids will thank you for it.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:37 pm

On the X wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:IMO, the one "weakness" of many 390's is the tendency for the safety to come off safe mode to fire mode much easier (you can just touch it and it'll do so w/o much of the audible "click") than other models which could be a hazard to some shooters.

I keep mine on fire all the time anyway so no big deal.

Just kidding

That's it! We're making you walk out in front...way out in front! :wink:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:27 am

SteveInOR wrote:....The 391 series and the new A300 are very similar to the old 390's.....
Except for the stuff that makes the gun work.

Mechanically, they aren't similar at all.

And a Stainless Sure Cycle recoil assembly on the 390/3901 is completely unnecessary.
It's not a "huge upgrade". It's throwing away money.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby SteveInOR » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:46 pm

copterdoc wrote:
SteveInOR wrote:....The 391 series and the new A300 are very similar to the old 390's.....

And a Stainless Sure Cycle recoil assembly on the 390/3901 is completely unnecessary.

All your opinion, and I have mine.
But, considering i own an A300 and have sold both 390 and 391 series guns and taken them all apart multiple times I'd say they're similar. Not the same, but Beretta didn't re-invent the gun each time.
And a sure cycle isn't a necessary upgrade, buts it's certainly not "throwing money away". It's a great way to bring a 20+ year old gun back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveInOR
hunter

Postby On the X » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:I keep mine on fire all the time anyway so no big deal.

Just kidding

That's it! We're making you walk out in front...way out in front! :wink:[/quote]
But I like to lag back a bit, atleast far enough back that the limb doesn't smack me in the face.
On the X
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:45 pm

There's a 390 for $500 on Utah gun exchange with syn stock's look's in good shape.
cootlover
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:11 pm

copterdoc wrote:

I have SureCyle action/recoil spring as well as magazine spring/follower kits on all my 390's and have observed they cycle a bit faster than before and also felt recoil is noticeably less than with the OEM stuff onboard.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:17 pm

So all this stuff you guys are adding on ( especially the spring mentioned in the 1st page ), is it all necessary? Cause if the gun has lasted 10+ years already w/o that spring then should i really be worried about the whole " ball peen hammer " analogy? Cause that makes me feel like i cant trust it....
DuckManClyde
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum