Benellis max 4 pattern

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benellis max 4 pattern

Postby fadetoblack188 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Why do I feel like some of there guns look like shadow grass. But it looks like they only offer max 4 and real tree

Are they all max 4 and just some print lighter?
fadetoblack188
hunter

Re: Benellis max 4 pattern

Postby Lefty Ray » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Max-5 is coming. real Tree had to do something as Mossy Oak just replaced their Duckblind pattern with their new >Blades" pattern.
Lefty Ray
I shoot a SBEII Max 5, Benelli SuperNova, Franci Affinity, and a Canon 7D

Freelance Outdoor Photographer
No Blind is Too Cold, Too Crowded, or Too Far
Lefty Ray
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:40 pm

buy a black gun. Cheaper, the finish doesnt fade from wear, and they kill ducks just the same.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 pm

fadetoblack188 wrote:Why do I feel like some of there guns look like shadow grass......

For some reason their max 4 looks really, really yellow.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby TROB » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:28 am

Yea, they're pretty light. That's why I prefer MODB (SBE2), because it doesn't fade to white nearly as bad as max-4.

In guns of similar usage, a MODB gun will retain its color more. At least that's what I've seen.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:05 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:buy a black gun. Cheaper, the finish doesnt fade from wear, and they kill ducks just the same.

a little armor all goes a long way on a black synthetic. keeps them looking nice

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby jrg_80 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:24 am

Check out their new optifade. Its following Sitka's pattern and I think it looks pretty sharp.

jrg
jrg_80
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:52 pm

The copyright holders (RealTree, Mossy Oak, etc.) only sell the right to other companies to print their patterns, they don't control the inks, processess, etc. You can look at the same pattern on four different makes of guns/garments and they can exhibit four different colors/shades.
Black guns may be cheaper, but they are no more effective than a camo gun. I've never seen a situation where the camo on a gun has hurt my chances at ducks, but I've been in situations where it definitely helped. I have seen situations where a black gun stood out like a black jellybean on a white cake.
You pays your money and you takes your choice.

If the gun you wanted was available in black and in camo for the same price, which would you choose?? :biggrin:

See, money is the only reason to buy black.
mudpack
hunter

Postby emartinez11 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 am

mudpack wrote:The copyright holders (RealTree, Mossy Oak, etc.) only sell the right to other companies to print their patterns, they don't control the inks, processess, etc. You can look at the same pattern on four different makes of guns/garments and they can exhibit four different colors/shades.
Black guns may be cheaper, but they are no more effective than a camo gun. I've never seen a situation where the camo on a gun has hurt my chances at ducks, but I've been in situations where it definitely helped. I have seen situations where a black gun stood out like a black jellybean on a white cake.
You pays your money and you takes your choice.

If the gun you wanted was available in black and in camo for the same price, which would you choose?? :biggrin:

See, money is the only reason to buy black.

HAHA. Very good point. I cant stand my gun looking just flat black. Some people say what you said too.. Well im in a blind they cant see it.. Black does stick out more than my camo, ive seen it in the blind and even while dove hunting.

Ill take camo and pay extra every time.
emartinez11
hunter

Postby dduckman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:19 am

I have an sbe2 in max 4, it is very yellow looking but does not look like shadow grass!
dduckman
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum