SBEll jamming help

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: SBEll jamming help

Postby MSparks909 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 pm

mudpack wrote:
wjarrell wrote: And the lube I use is CLP.

There's your problem.
Clean the gun thoroughly....I mean a complete teardown; mag spring and recoil spring included.....then lube it with a real gun oil. RemOil works well, as does the Outer's oil.

You don't need a product that is a "cleaner" or a "protector". You need a lubricant, period. Your regular cleaning of the gun is all the "cleaner" and "protector" it requires. Gun oil is the answer.

CLP is a better quality lube than RemOil...
MSparks909
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:47 am

MSparks909 wrote:
mudpack wrote:

There's your problem.
Clean the gun thoroughly....I mean a complete teardown; mag spring and recoil spring included.....then lube it with a real gun oil. RemOil works well, as does the Outer's oil.

You don't need a product that is a "cleaner" or a "protector". You need a lubricant, period. Your regular cleaning of the gun is all the "cleaner" and "protector" it requires. Gun oil is the answer.

CLP is a better quality lube than RemOil...

X2 REMOIL is like putting bubble gum in your action. There is a lot better oils out there that preform better in colder weather.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight with no vision- Helen Keller
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:10 am

mudpack wrote:

There's your problem.

Give me a break! Not a real oil, but rem oil is?? okaaaaaaay! :no:
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby Johnnyrad » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Ya I quit using Kent. Try XX Winchester's, Black Cloud, Remington. I had some problems in my SBEII earlier in its life with Kent but now has some years has 5-6 seasons. It does shoot Kent's but earlier in its life did not like. I feel Kent has also improved their line of shells so maybe using older Kent's ?
Johnnyrad
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum