Beneli M2 reviews

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Beneli M2 reviews

Postby TDLConceptsLLC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:12 pm

hello I am looking for a semi auto duck gun I hunt mostly ducks no geese want a 3'inch gun. I had my heart set on the SBE 2 went and held it in gun store thought it was ok felt like a rifle, held the new bretta 400 extreme thought it was like holding a 4x4 post heavy and super thick wide stock, Held the beneli M2 and it was so light and smooth everyone in the gunshop said thats what they use. I would like some opions on it from people who use them and not the people that sell them and the beneli kool aid I was impressed with it but how does it shoot. I hunt with a browning Over/Under to nice of a gun for the swamps. Thank you guys alot live in NC
TDLConceptsLLC
Newb

Re: Beneli M2 reviews

Postby MarkM » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Google it. There are thousands of reviews out there. Search the boards here, you'll find hundreds of reviews. If it fits nice, buy it.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby bamacrowkiller » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Bought my M2 used,finish on gun didnt show it to have been used to hard. Had a problem develop that was discussed under the repair forum. Had no complaints prior to that problem,none since it was repaired. I to think it points and handles well. When not duck hunting it is used to crow hunt with. 1 1/8 oz. loads work well in gun, about 10 boxes a year.
bamacrowkiller
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:02 pm

can't go wrong with one.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 pm

I have been shooting my M2 since 2009. Its been a very good waterfowl gun and far more reliable than I would have expected from an auto loader. After doing some pattern work with factory loads and reloads, finding a choke I like, and installing a +25% recoil spring I couldn't be happier. The initial attraction of this gun was, like you stated, the balance and comfort when shouldering the firearm. I thought this was noticeably better than SBE2, Vinci, Berettas, Brownings, or even the Winchesters that I shouldered in the store or was lucky enough to try at the range. When it comes right down to it, the feel when it is in your hands is the key importance.

Oh, and that is even after I managed to flare the muzzle at the end of last season!
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby B-Boy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Here's a review for you
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=24467

I love my M2. It's been out duck hunting for the last 3 seasons and it still looks good and shoots great. Mine is a 20-gauge, but I have no trouble killing ducks with it. It is not a gun you have to treat gently. In general, M2s are loved by there owners. You won't find many for sale on Gunbroker.com after the end of the duck season. They're keepers.
Benelli - Cordoba (20 ga. & 12 ga.)
Browning - 725 Sporting (12 ga.), Maxus (Hunter & MAX-4 Stalker)
Franchi - Renaissance (20 ga.)
B-Boy
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:22 pm

You'll love it. Great guns

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum