Mossberg 835 Ulti-mag

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Mossberg 835 Ulti-mag

Postby widuckhunter1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:38 am

Duck_Stank wrote:My 835 has the ports near the end of the mussle, I've noticed anything 1 1/4 oz patterns the best. Cheap federal and Kent shells along with drylocks did real well at forty yards.

With the stock chokes or an aftermarket one?
Born to hunt, forced to work.
widuckhunter1
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:42 am

widuckhunter1 wrote:
Duck_Stank wrote:My 835 has the ports near the end of the mussle, I've noticed anything 1 1/4 oz patterns the best. Cheap federal and Kent shells along with drylocks did real well at forty yards.

Both did well, I bought a cheap cabelas extended modified choke, just for the ease of checking the tightness often and cleaning purposes. It performed a little better with the extended, I also didn't pay an arm or leg for it though (was around thirty or so dollars). I'd assume a carlsons or the like may do even better.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby widuckhunter1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 am

Duck_Stank wrote:
widuckhunter1 wrote:

Both did well, I bought a cheap cabelas extended modified choke, just for the ease of checking the tightness often and cleaning purposes. It performed a little better with the extended, I also didn't pay an arm or leg for it though (was around thirty or so dollars). I'd assume a carlsons or the like may do even better.

Awesome, thanks for the help i appreciate it!
Born to hunt, forced to work.
widuckhunter1
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum