DeHaan Shotguns

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

DeHaan Shotguns

Postby duckasaurus » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:37 pm

My dad bought a DeHaan O/U 12 ga. at a gun show about 6 or 7 years ago. I am about to add it to my collection and just wondering what anyone has heard or knows about this gun maker. I've done some research but haven't found much. Thanks
duckasaurus
hunter

Re: DeHaan Shotguns

Postby cluckmeister » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:45 pm

I believe they are made by Huglu and they have a web site, Dehaan also has a web site
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:14 pm

duckasaurus wrote: I've done some research but haven't found much.

Try this:

http://www.dhshotguns.com/index.htm
mudpack
hunter

Postby duckasaurus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 am

Yea i've been to their website but wanted to know if anyone had any personal experiences with these guns.

Thanks
duckasaurus
hunter

Postby z51 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:57 am

duckasaurus wrote:Yea i've been to their website but wanted to know if anyone had any personal experiences with these guns.

Thanks

Take a trip over to Shotgun World. They have a lot of users on that site.
z51
hunter

Postby duckasaurus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:02 pm

thanks z51, i'll check that out.
duckasaurus
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:53 am

Just did a search on SW for DeHaan; nothing. :huh:
mudpack
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:45 pm

DeHaan guns are made by CZ (Huglu if you are looking on Shotgun World) but are produced in a separate part of the factory than the normal CZ-USA products. They are made with slightly more hand fitting and a higher attention to detail than the CZ and are done to custom specs including stock dimensions (if requested), the grade of wood, stock style, metal finish, engraving style and other options. He orders them from the factory and when they arrive he goes completely through each gun and hand fits/polishes all components where necessary to assure proper and longterm service.

Owning both a normal CZ and a Dehaan I can attest to the higher quality of workmanship with the DeHaan. If you look online you can see some examples of 4X and 5X wood on some of his models which makes an absolutely beautiful gun that functions very well. To that end, Mark (DeHaan) also services his guns if something arrises and he is renowned for very good work and extremely fast turnaround. He stands behind his product!

That said, for a nice SxS without looking at used pieces like a Parker, LC Smith or similar the DeHaans are hard to beat for the price (Especially in sub gauge guns). But in an O/U unless one needs stock dimensions that are way off of standard you might be better served to look at something like a Beretta Silver Pigeon for the same money.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum