Armslist purchase? Benelli Super Vinci

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Armslist purchase? Benelli Super Vinci

Postby CLTduhunter » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey everyone,

I came across a listing for a near new Super Vinci max-4 and on the edge of pulling the trigger. Has anyone purchased a non-local gun from a seller?

I believe I am asking him all the right questions including obtaining the serial number for date made and also to check for background information. I will have a bill of sale and Driver's license in the transaction but wanted some feedback either positive or negative for this type of deal.

Any other items suggested involving a long distance deal? Thanks everyone
CLTduhunter
hunter

Re: Armslist purchase? Benelli Super Vinci

Postby mauserfan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm

There are quite a few scammers on Armslist. I always ask for a photo of an area that most people will never have taken photos. Then you will know that he has the gun in possession if he produces a photo for you. I have ferretted out a couple scammers because they could not provide the photo that I asked for. Ask for ebay or gunbroker username as well to check feedback. I am curious as to what else some other posters can come up with as I am still not comfy with Armslist. Good luck....mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

mauserfan wrote:There are quite a few scammers on Armslist. I always ask for a photo of an area that most people will never have taken photos. Then you will know that he has the gun in possession if he produces a photo for you. I have ferretted out a couple scammers because they could not provide the photo that I asked for. Ask for ebay or gunbroker username as well to check feedback. I am curious as to what else some other posters can come up with as I am still not comfy with Armslist. Good luck....mauser

X2 on more scammers than Gunbroker or Gunsinternational
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby MarkM » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:35 pm

I will send a personal check. If they don't follow through on their end of the deal, mail fraud. You have their name and address.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby CLTduhunter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:34 am

Scam, please delete thread. Sorry guys, too good to be true
CLTduhunter
hunter

Postby mauserfan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:08 am

Please clarify your statement. Thank you....mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Postby CLTduhunter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:47 am

Came down to only accept money order, no bill of sale no other parts except gun.

When I called, it was a google voice connection and he kep asking if I was serious buyer
CLTduhunter
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:48 am

CLTduhunter wrote:Came down to only accept money order, no bill of sale no other parts except gun.

When I called, it was a google voice connection and he kep asking if I was serious buyer

Post Office Money Order is just as secure a payment. You can recover funds from them as well.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:28 pm

MarkM wrote:
CLTduhunter wrote:Came down to only accept money order, no bill of sale no other parts except gun.

Post Office Money Order is just as secure a payment. You can recover funds from them as well.

Why screw with a scammer and who the H wants to try to recover funds, just find a legit seller.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby CLTduhunter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Just purchased a new Franchi Intensity in Max-4 and 28" barrel off a dealer on gunbroker. I kind of accidentally hit submit on my bid not thinking I would win. Oh well, the dealer is almost $200 cheaper from other big name places and he said these have been flying off the shelves.

I asked about other comparibles like the SX3 and he said this is the best bang for buck. He doesn't even carry the SX3 and yet he is a Winchester collector.
CLTduhunter
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:30 pm

cluckmeister wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Why screw with a scammer and who the H wants to try to recover funds, just find a legit seller.

Might not realize it is a scammer beforehand? After payment is sent and you can verify they received it, then you might realize it. That is why I will not use PayPal for high dollar purchases, such as guns. PayPal will not cover money sent to pay for a firearm even if you give the 3% to them. States it in their Terms & Conditions. Checks and Post Office Money Orders, however, will.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum