Brought in an old Wingmaster.

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Brought in an old Wingmaster.

Postby SilasB.Heeler » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Well,I traded for an old 870 today. Plain barrel Wingmaster, tootsie roll forearm,30" full choke shotgunning goodness. I popped a Nitro 27 1 1/8oz 7 1/2 shot out of her before it got too late just for function. Slick,buttery action and a nice trigger too. And a magnum to boot! :thumbsup: I was under the impression it was a 2 3/4" gun until I got it in hand. Magnum on the receiver and 3" on the barrel. Pretty sweet. It needs a refinish on the wood,but she shoots where I'm looking and chokes .695". I'll get a pic or two when I get a chance. I need to get her dated just for curiosity sake.
SilasB.Heeler
hunter

Re: Brought in an old Wingmaster.

Postby MasonG » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Cool deal, can't wait to see it and how you like it. My Grandfather has several Wingmasters and a few Magnums. I'm wanting a Wingmaster in 16 gauge pretty bad, they're not easy to find, maybe one day haha.
MasonG
hunter

Postby SilasB.Heeler » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:58 pm

There is a Wingmaster 16ga plain barrel tootsie roll pump on pennswoods.net right now. Up in Warren Pa for $350.00. How far do you want to travel?
SilasB.Heeler
hunter

Postby MasonG » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:10 pm

SilasB.Heeler wrote:There is a Wingmaster 16ga plain barrel tootsie roll pump on pennswoods.net right now. Up in Warren Pa for $350.00. How far do you want to travel?

I would travel that far but I'd really like to wait and see if I can find one with a vented rib and removable chokes. I'll pay more for it but I'd be happier. Really just want one for doves in particular, but chucker and pheasant as well.
MasonG
hunter

Postby SilasB.Heeler » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 pm

:thumbsup: . Maybe I'll shoot them an email and check out the barrel length and choke. If it's a full choke I may have to see if they will do any horse trading. I really don't "Need" it,but I would love to have a 16.
SilasB.Heeler
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum