Benelli SBE II

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benelli SBE II

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:26 pm

I think I'm gonna go for the SBE II. I've messed around this season with the beretta a400 and the browning maxus, which both functioned excellent I must say, but I never got the confidence that I had with my original SBE. What do my boys on DHC think about this decision? It's a lot of money but my SBE still shoots as good as ever, so it'll be more of an investment and I can pass it down to my kids when I eventually get brave enough to settle down… :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
Marsh Mutt Pro Staff
Low Tide Waterfowlers
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Re: Benelli SBE II

Postby dduckman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Love mine, handles amazing for a 3.5 12ga, Had an extrema which was great but just did not handle as well for me as the sbe2!
dduckman
hunter

Postby MasonG » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:41 pm

I'd say go for it. I just bought a SBE2 at the beginning of the year. I shot 3 boxes of shells through it not long after buying it and I took it pheasant and chukar hunting last Saturday in 20 degree weather with snow blowing on us. I love it so far and killed a few birds with it and haven't even patterned it yet. I plan on patterning it this weekend and getting the right shims in the stock because it's definitely shooting high.
MasonG
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm

I bought mine in 26" very nice shotty. Had it for a duck season no problems. Even got some brush in the action still work great.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Thanks for all of the responses guys! I definitely think that's what I'm gonna go ahead and do!
Before I pull the plug though, do y'all have any insight on the vinci?
Marsh Mutt Pro Staff
Low Tide Waterfowlers
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:10 pm

No I don't have any personal experience with the Vinci. One of the guys in our group shoots one. Seems to really like it. Make sure you like the safety position. I'd throw both the SBE2 and vinci up and buy the one that fits the best.

SBE2 has been great for me, also left handed which really got my interest. As long as you keep the bolt and slides lightly coated in lube you will never have a problem.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 pm

I wouldn't put up good money for a gun that looks like scrap plastic. That's my opinion on the vinchi
Last edited by winchester1852 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby surfrat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Dont listen to that hogwash...Buy a Benelli. Let the non belivers keep on fooling themself. I know better. I hunt hard and I hunt often....I shoot a Benelli. They take a beating. Have for many years. They are the best waterfoul guns made. Period. I have a SBE II that I love but a SBE I is my all time favorite shotgun. I wouldn't trade mine for any shotgun made. I have shot them all. The Remingtons the Brownings. The pumps the o/u's you name it I have shot it. Nothing compares to how a SBE points and shoots in the Duck blind.
surfrat
hunter

Postby 60's hunter » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:18 am

Gotta agree with ya Surfrat---------that " scrap of plastic " is some of the best reliability & engineering ever designed in a shotgun.
60's hunter
hunter

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 am

I totally agree. I've tried to make my SBE I stop shooting, but it won't! Do y'all think they super vinci will have the reliability in the long run or should I just stick with what I know, and get the SBE II?
Marsh Mutt Pro Staff
Low Tide Waterfowlers
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Postby 60's hunter » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 am

In my opinion, don't worry about the reliability---it's there----Just go with what feels right in your hands & lines up naturaly to your eye, and you get that feeling that your gunna hit ducks with it.
60's hunter
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm

60's hunter wrote:In my opinion, don't worry about the reliability---it's there----Just go with what feels right in your hands & lines up naturaly to your eye, and you get that feeling that your gunna hit ducks with it.

X2

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Duck Hole » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Got mine in the middle of duck season this year and haven't looked back. Couldn't hit a duck for nothing till I change out the shim then I started folding them up. I shoot 3.5in Winchester experts with a patern master choke. The last duck I shot was about 65yrds. It's a great gun, I hunted in the snow with 0deg temps and no problems.
Duck Hole
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum