SBE II vs Super Vinci

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SBE II vs Super Vinci

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:54 pm

I've shouldered both, and each amazing. I'm stuck on what to get. I have a SBE I so I'm thinking maybe go super vinci just for something different, but my SBE I has been flawless, so I'm debating on just staying with the line that I know and trust.

HELPPPP
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Re: SBE II vs Super Vinci

Postby thomashamm2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:04 pm

I have a super vinci and i love it but i kinda wish i wouldve bought the sbe2 instead because it has a better grip on it. Also the vinci because of the modular system looks clunky where the reciever of a normal gun is if u look at it from a shooting position. But it cycles amazingly and is super fast with low recoil. Although if u already owned a sbe1 than i would just stick with what you know.
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby 2thepoint » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:10 pm

I was ready to buy the Vinci a few months ago but I couldn't get used to the safety position. I found a good deal on the performance shop SBE2 and bought that instead. If they would have left the safety alone I would have bought the Vinci because I really liked the way it felt and I could have got a 26" barrel.
May I be half the man my bird dog thinks I am.

Impulse Outdoors on Facebook
2thepoint
hunter

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. How do you think the performance shop SBEII compares to the regular one?
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Postby 2thepoint » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:16 am

WMTribe_Kicker wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone. How do you think the performance shop SBEII compares to the regular one?

I bought it a few weeks before our duck season was over so I don't have a lot of time with the gun yet. I really like the paddle bolt release and large bolt handle. I had gloves on everytime I used it and those two features were a noticeable improvement. I have not had time to pattern it yet and I have only used the mid range choke but so far I am impressed.

As far as the polished action and tuned trigger I didn't notice any difference between the performace shop sbe2 and the benelli legacy or ultra light that I own. Once again I did have gloves on everytime I used it.
May I be half the man my bird dog thinks I am.

Impulse Outdoors on Facebook
2thepoint
hunter

Postby MasonG » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:18 pm

When I bought me SBE2 I looked at the Vinci as well. But to me the Vinci just felt awkward. It didn't shoulder well at all but the SBE2 felt perfect so that's how I chose. But if you like both you're gonna have to get real nit-picky with them to choose, good luck!
MasonG
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:35 pm

a saftey should never be infront of the trigger. i chose sbe2
Pigeons-201
woodchucks-33
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:36 pm

clymerfowler wrote:a saftey should never be infront of the trigger. i chose sbe2

I agree 100%
wjarrell
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 pm

clymerfowler wrote:a saftey should never be infront of the trigger. i chose sbe2

One of my waterfowl guns has its safety in front. Not that big a deal, actually.
It's a lot like transitioning back and forth between a pump and and autoloader: you get used to it in about 4 minutes.....and never give it a second thought.
Guys who say they can't use a front safety have most likely never used one in a hunting situation.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 pm

I cant hunt with a safety in the back. I have longer fingers and its harder for ne yo reach back, and I usually keep my finger on the front of the trigger gaurd until im ready to shoot, so its right on the safety at all times
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:38 pm

i have short fingers so the safety on the vinci is a pain.
Pigeons-201
woodchucks-33
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Honk-n-quack wrote:I cant hunt with a safety in the back. I have longer fingers and its harder for ne yo reach back, and I usually keep my finger on the front of the trigger gaurd until im ready to shoot, so its right on the safety at all times

im 14, so my hands arent very big but i dont care much about the position of the safety.you get used to it quick and like you said i keep my finger on the trigger guard until i shoot and so then my finger is naturally on the safety which makes for a quick safety off and then shoot
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 pm

i wear medium and large gloves and when i rest my finger on the trigger guard of a vinci its not even on the safety. i have to reach forward to hit it. my finger stays on the receiver until ready to shoot
Pigeons-201
woodchucks-33
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby woodie52 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:18 pm

My buddy had a super vinci, he exploded the barrel on it a wad hung in the barrel. I would go with the SBE II for the fact if anything happens to the barrel on he vinci the whole gun is ruined. The barrel and receiver are one piece so there goes 1800 dollars down the drain. don't get me wrong its a good gun and the barrel may never have a problem just something to think about. I have a M2 and love it.
woodie52
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:25 pm

"Something different" is way overrated.

Proven performance, never goes out of fashion.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 pm

mudpack wrote:

One of my waterfowl guns has its safety in front. Not that big a deal, actually.
It's a lot like transitioning back and forth between a pump and and autoloader: you get used to it in about 4 minutes.....and never give it a second thought.
Guys who say they can't use a front safety have most likely never used one in a hunting situation.

90% of the time I can get by with a front mounted safety but I've shot guns with rear safeties for so long that when a flock of teal or divers sneak in and buzz the blind, I will throw up my gun and instinctively go for the rear of the trigger guard. If there's no safety button there, the cursing begins, the birds slip out of shooting range without a single shot being fired. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby uglymug » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 pm

I think we can all agree that the tang safety is best.
uglymug
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum